wxLua can use require("wx") as module, was Re: lots of junk...

wxLua can use require("wx") as module, was Re: lots of junk...

John Labenski
Oops, sorry about the messed up title.

On 5/13/06, Jérôme VUARAND <[hidden email]> wrote:

> With mingw you can do exactly the same to build a wx.dll Lua module :
> wx.dll: luamodule.cpp $(OBJECTS) $(LUA_LIBS) wxLuaLib wxLuaDebugLib
> wxLuaSocketLib wxLuaBindings
>         $(CXX) $(CXXFLAGS) $(APPEXTRADEFS) -g -O -shared -o wx.dll -fpic \
>         $(LDLIBS) $(APPEXTRALIBS) \
>         luamodule.cpp
>
> The only extra thing you have to do is to check that all your
> -l$(XXXLIB) point to existing libraries. These libraries can either be
> static libs, or dll import libraries. Static libs are exactly like on
> unix (-lfoo need libfoo.a). Dll import libraries are necessary if you
> want to link dynamically to a dll. You can generate libfoo.a from
> foo.dll with the following commands :
>         impdef foo.dll > foo.def
>         libtool --kill-at --dllname foo.dll --input-def foo.def --output-lib libfoo.a
>         rm foo.def
> These import libraries may already exist in the wxWidget build tree if
> you built it with mingw.
>
> Feel free to ask if I'm not clear. I had a hard time finding docs on
> the subject since everything on mingw site is outdated, but now I
> think I know the subject well.

That's great. I've never tried to use mingw, but maybe I'll give a go
using cygwin. What you described sounds very simple, pretty much
identical to what I do for linux.

I'm at a loss about MS Visual Studio though, I think it may be a
little more complicated, but I dunno?

Thanks for the tips,
    John Labenski