will pay for help setting up Lua for web programming

will pay for help setting up Lua for web programming

George Jempty
Please consider the following job on rentacoder.com.  I need someone to help me configure lighttpd, fastcgi & cgilua on a remote linux server.

http://rentacoder.com/RentACoder/misc/BidRequests/ShowBidRequest.asp?lngBidRequestId=393462

Re: will pay for help setting up Lua for web programming

Javier Guerra Giraldez
On Wednesday 18 January 2006 7:08 am, George Jempty wrote:
> Please consider the following job on rentacoder.com.  I need someone to
> help me configure lighttpd, fastcgi & cgilua on a remote linux server.

i considered it for a while... until i saw the "work for hire" term.  i
wouldn't write such a thing for closed source, it would hamper me in the
future.

--
Javier

Re: will pay for help setting up Lua for web programming

George Jempty
Please I am just looking for some help configuring my environment for web programming with Lua.  There is no "code" involved -- I will be doing that myself later -- so I don't see how this goes against the grain of open source.

I actually worked last year with Joseph Stewart who I believe is a regular on this list....he turned me on to Lua, and with a little help that I'm willing to pay for (instead of just for free ;) I intend on writing a cool application with Lua

Thanks in advance

On Wednesday 18 January 2006 9:23 am, George Jempty wrote:
> Please I am just looking for some help configuring my environment for web
> programming with Lua.  There is no "code" involved -- I will be doing that

oh, i see.  i overreacted a bit.

in that case i believe the best people for that work would be the CGILua
authors; i haven't played with lightttpd (much less with fastcgi).  it
shouldn't be hard to do, but i tend to solve most problems throwing code at
them :-)

--
Javier