where is LUA used.

Ulrich Schmidt

Re: where is LUA used.

Ką Mykolas
What's LUA?

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 5:47 PM, Ulrich Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
When THOSE guys use LUA, LUA can't be bad ;-)

[1]:
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/ProjectSauron-realisiert-massgeschneiderte-staatliche-Spionage-Kampagnen-3290433.html

Re: where is LUA used.

steve donovan
> What's LUA?

It's when Lua goes BAD...

Re: where is LUA used.

Thomas Jericke

Re: where is LUA used.

Alexander Nasonov
(sorry for top-posting, sending from iPad)

Security experts agree that Lua is a perfect choice:
https://storify.com/nasonov/conversation-with-erratarob-marshray-dakami-suburb

Sent from Yandex.Mail for mobile: http://m.ya.ru/ymail

[1]:

[1]:
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/ProjectSauron-realisiert-massgeschneiderte-staatliche-Spionage-Kampagnen-3290433.html

Re: where is LUA used.

Paul E. Merrell, J.D.
On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 7:47 AM, Ulrich Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> When THOSE guys use LUA, LUA can't be bad ;-)
>
> [1]:
> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/ProjectSauron-realisiert-massgeschneiderte-staatliche-Spionage-Kampagnen-3290433.html

Thanks, Ulrich. Added to the queue for the Where Lua Is Used page.

My apologies for not being around lately. I broke my back in early May
and am just getting back to work part-time. I hope to have an updated
version of the page up very soon.

Best regards,

Paul

--
[Notice not included in the above original message:  The U.S. National
message.]

Re: where is LUA used.

Paul E. Merrell, J.D.
On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Diogo Mildenberger
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Wasn't the Flame "malware" also partially in Lua? It impressed me when I
> heard about it!

Yes. See this part of the Where Lua Is Used page.
<https://sites.google.com/site/marbux/home/where-lua-is-used#Zmp1PtayYJ6fDCWVXccAww>.

Best regards,

Paul

> Em 09/08/2016 12:15, "Alexander Nasonov" <[hidden email]> escreveu:
>>
>> (sorry for top-posting, sending from iPad)
>>
>> Security experts agree that Lua is a perfect choice:
>>
>> https://storify.com/nasonov/conversation-with-erratarob-marshray-dakami-suburb
>>
>> Sent from Yandex.Mail for mobile: http://m.ya.ru/ymail
>>
>> 09.08.2016, 15:51, "Ką Mykolas" <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> What's LUA?
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 5:47 PM, Ulrich Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> When THOSE guys use LUA, LUA can't be bad ;-)
>>
>> [1]:
>>
>> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/ProjectSauron-realisiert-massgeschneiderte-staatliche-Spionage-Kampagnen-3290433.html

--
[Notice not included in the above original message:  The U.S. National
message.]

Re: where is LUA used.

Tom Sutcliffe

> On 10 Aug 2016, at 4:36 am, Paul Merrell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yes. See this part of the Where Lua Is Used page.
> <https://sites.google.com/site/marbux/home/where-lua-is-used#Zmp1PtayYJ6fDCWVXccAww>.

That reminds me, I finally got round to publishing my embedded OS project, which uses a lot of Lua.

https://github.com/tomsci/lupi

I don't really expect it to be useful to anyone, but it may serve as an interesting example of embedding Lua in constrained and custom environments (96KB of RAM to boot the kernel and host the Lua process with enough left over to play tetris.lua).

(OT: I developed this mostly to run on the TiLDA Mk2 board - the Mk3's stock software uses MicroPython, which is broadly speaking Python stripped down until it resembles Lua. I'll be interested to compare how the different environments stack up when run on the same hardware, once I finish porting to the Mk3.)

Cheers,

Tom

College of Information Science
University of Tsukuba

Re: where is LUA used.

Paul E. Merrell, J.D.
On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 7:40 PM, Satoru Kawahara
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> A little sad that The latest update was 2014 ;(

Yes. I've been bad, but I've been taking notes along the way.  Working
on an update now.

Best regards,

Paul