webservice call

Philipp Kraus-2
Hello,

can I run a webservice call inside a LUA script?
I would like to read data from a service and use this data inside my LUA script

Thanks

Phil

Re: webservice call

steve donovan
On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 9:35 AM, Philipp Kraus <[hidden email]> wrote:
can I run a webservice call inside a LUA script?

Of course, but you will have to be more specific. There's xml-rpc for Lua, and general XML and JSON parsers available to be used with LuaSocket.

(And be careful with the 'acronym' LUA around here - it's actually a word spelled Lua ;))

Re: webservice call

Laurent FAILLIE
Hello,

I wrote several webservices appl based on webServices (SOAP / JSON).
You can find them on sourceforge under user "destroyedlolo".

Bye

Laurent

Re: webservice call

steve donovan
On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Laurent FAILLIE <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can find them on sourceforge under user "destroyedlolo".

I must say that the rise of Social Coding has been great for collaboration, but my collaborators tend to have really weird names ;)

Re: webservice call

Laurent FAILLIE
Hehe,

A llllooonnnggg story started in late 80' when I did some stuffs for my beloved Amiga :)

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Laurent FAILLIE <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can find them on sourceforge under user "destroyedlolo".

I must say that the rise of Social Coding has been great for collaboration, but my collaborators tend to have really weird names ;)

Re: webservice call

Philipp Kraus-2
I think it should be a SOAP WS, so a native LUA API should be nice.
But at the moment I'm doing my concept structure :-)

Thanks

Phil

Am 15.07.2013 um 09:39 schrieb steve donovan <[hidden email]>:

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 9:35 AM, Philipp Kraus <[hidden email]> wrote:
can I run a webservice call inside a LUA script?

Of course, but you will have to be more specific. There's xml-rpc for Lua, and general XML and JSON parsers available to be used with LuaSocket.

(And be careful with the 'acronym' LUA around here - it's actually a word spelled Lua ;))

Re: webservice call

Marc Balmer
Am 15.07.13 09:35, schrieb Philipp Kraus:
> Hello,
>
> can I run a webservice call inside a LUA script?

yes.

> I would like to read data from a service and use this data inside my LUA script

I use a curl binding to do the actual requests and a json binding to
encode/decode data, this way I "talk" to a REST API of a webshop.

curl binding is our own version of one found on the net (luacurl, I think)

Re: webservice call

Tomás Guisasola-2
  Hi Philipp

> I think it should be a SOAP WS, so a native LUA API should be nice.
  I use (and maintain) LuaSOAP to consume and offer WebServices.
It is working quite well.
  If you choose to try it, I would be glad to hear your experience!

  Regards,
  Tomás