virus found in a mail archive

mnicolet
Helllo list
Some ´moons´ ago ;) I downloaded a full list mail archive.
Today, I installed and tried Panda antivirus. It has the ability to
decompress zip and gz archives, and
to scan individual files inside them.
Well, at least in that old archive, it found three viruses.

Virus : W32/Klez.I   location:
C:\lua-stuff\ua-l-archive.gz[lua-l-archive][hex57.bat]
Virus : Exploit/iFrame   location:
C:\lua-stuff\lua-l-archive.gz[lua-l-archive][~009028.txt]
Virus : W32/Magistr.B    location:
C:\lua-stuff\lua-l-archive.gz[lua-l-archive][center.com]

This was not important for me ( I think ), because I was reading some
threads, without decompressing the archive ( using winrar ). But may be
someone decompress it in a sensible environment.
Marcelo

Re: virus found in a mail archive

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
>Well, at least in that old archive, it found three viruses.

Thanks for letting us know. I found two of them but not this one:

>Virus : Exploit/iFrame   location:
>C:\lua-stuff\lua-l-archive.gz[lua-l-archive][~009028.txt]

Perhaps you can give me a more precise location in the archives?

Thanks again. The archives at lua.org (and mirrors) will be cleaned soon.
--lhf