tolua + 4.0b

Jason
Hi,
I was thinking of making bindings for a certain C graphics library using tolua and Lua 3.2.2, but I'd like to use 4.0 beta now that it's out. Will tolua still work with 4.0 beta, or will I have to modify some code first? If so, what?

=^_^=

Re: tolua + 4.0b

Waldemar Celes-3

> Hi,
> I was thinking of making bindings for a certain C graphics library using tolua and Lua 3.2.2, but I'd like to use 4.0 beta now that it's out. Will tolua still work with 4.0 beta, or will I have to modify some code first? If so, what?

tolua is being completely rewritten to fit the new Lua 4.0 API.
I hope to release the it by the end of October.

-- waldemar

Re: tolua + 4.0b

Steve Dekorte-6
> > Hi,
> > I was thinking of making bindings for a certain C graphics library using
tolua and Lua 3.2.2, but I'd like to use 4.0 beta now that it's out

> tolua is being completely rewritten to fit the new Lua 4.0 API.
> I hope to release the it by the end of October.

Great! Will glLua also be available for Lua 4.0?

Steve

Re: tolua + 4.0b

Rob Kendrick-3
In message <01c301c02d8a$e7cecb40$0301010a@SWin2k> you wrote:

> > > Hi,
> > > I was thinking of making bindings for a certain C graphics library using
> tolua and Lua 3.2.2, but I'd like to use 4.0 beta now that it's out
>
> > tolua is being completely rewritten to fit the new Lua 4.0 API.
> > I hope to release the it by the end of October.
>
> Great! Will glLua also be available for Lua 4.0?

I'm particularly interested in the PostgreSQL binding, although we have
already half finished our one... now just got a lot of our own libraries
to do (pcre etc...), the the whole thing is a lot neater than in 4.0 alpha
and before; well done :)

Rob Kendrick, Kiwi Software (UK)
http://www.kiwisoft.co.uk/

Example lua source code

Jonathan Adamczewski
Could someone please point me in the direction of good example code
written in lua.

Thanks

Jonathan.

Re: Example lua source code

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
>Could someone please point me in the direction of good example code
>written in lua.

We include some of this in lua/test in the distribution.
I'd like to hear opinions about the quality and usefulness of this example code.

What kind of code are you looking for?

Re: Example lua source code

Jonathan Adamczewski
On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:

> >Could someone please point me in the direction of good example code
> >written in lua.
>
> We include some of this in lua/test in the distribution.
> I'd like to hear opinions about the quality and usefulness of this example code.
>
> What kind of code are you looking for?
> --lhf

That would probably do :)  I overlooked that folder.  I was after some
code to demonstrate the syntax of the language, and this does the trick.

Thanks again

Jonathan.

Re: Example lua source code

Jonathan Adamczewski
On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:

> >Could someone please point me in the direction of good example code
> >written in lua.
>
> We include some of this in lua/test in the distribution.
> I'd like to hear opinions about the quality and usefulness of this example code.

After thinking about this for a moment, an online tutorial along the lines
of "A simple introduction to using lua" would be good.  (It probably
already exists :)

Jonathan.

Re: tolua + 4.0b

John Fletcher
Date sent:      	Tue, 03 Oct 2000 15:29:22 -0200
From:           	Waldemar Celes <[hidden email]>
Subject:        	Re: tolua + 4.0b
Send reply to:  	[hidden email]
To:             	Multiple recipients of list <[hidden email]>

> > Hi,
> > I was thinking of making bindings for a certain C graphics library using tolua and Lua 3.2.2, but I'd like to use 4.0 beta now that it's out. Will tolua still work with 4.0 beta, or will I have to modify some code first? If so, what?
>
> tolua is being completely rewritten to fit the new Lua 4.0 API.
> I hope to release the it by the end of October.
>
> -- waldemar

Waldemar

Will that include lua++, to go the other way?

Cheers

John

Dr John P. Fletcher          Tel: (44) 121 359 3611 ext 4625
Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry (CEAC),
School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS),
Aston University,            Fax: (44) 121 359 4094
Aston Triangle,              Email: [hidden email]
BIRMINGHAM B4 7ET  U.K.      CEAC Web site http://www.ceac.aston.ac.uk/

Re: tolua + 4.0b

Waldemar Celes-3

> Will that include lua++, to go the other way?

I plan to update lua++ too.

-- waldemar

Re: tolua + 4.0b

Jeroen Janssen
Waldemar Celes wrote:

> > Hi,
> > I was thinking of making bindings for a certain C graphics library using tolua and Lua 3.2.2, but I'd like to use 4.0 beta now that it's out. Will tolua still work with 4.0 beta, or will I have to modify some code first? If so, what?
>
> tolua is being completely rewritten to fit the new Lua 4.0 API.
> I hope to release the it by the end of October.

is it also possible to export the tag variables to the generated include
file? (in order to write additional code that uses the tolua binding of
a C++ class)
--
        Best regards,

                Jeroen Janssen

+++
The hippo of recollection stirred in the muddy waters of the mind.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)
+++

Re: tolua + 4.0b

Waldemar Celes-3

> is it also possible to export the tag variables to the generated include
> file? (in order to write additional code that uses the tolua binding of
> a C++ class)

If I understood your request correctly,
you already have access to the tags used by tolua.

you can use the function: int tolua_tag (char* typename);

-- waldemar

Re: tolua + 4.0b

Jeroen Janssen
Waldemar Celes wrote:
> If I understood your request correctly,
> you already have access to the tags used by tolua.
>
> you can use the function: int tolua_tag (char* typename);

ah, yes... sorry I overlooked that one..

btw, is there a detailed description of the tolua API itself? (all the
functions in tolua.h).
--
        Best regards,

                Jeroen Janssen