tdbm and libcurl bindings for lua 4.0

Steve Dekorte-4

Just put together some bindings for tdbm and libcurl:

- tdbm is a transactional version of dbm (a non-relational key/value database).
- libcurl an http, ftp, gopher, etc lib that supports ssl

They're available at:

  http://www.dekorte.com/Software/Lua/luatdbm/luatdbm.tar.gz
  http://www.dekorte.com/Software/Lua/luacurl/luacurl.tar.gz

I've also updated luapickle - a lua table serialization library(this version is smaller, simpler and faster):

  http://www.dekorte.com/Software/Lua/LuaPickle/Download/Pickle.tar.gz

Cheers,
Steve

RE: tdbm and libcurl bindings for lua 4.0

Nick Trout-4
> - You should update the first line of the config file :-)
> Also, I am not
> sure to understand where this "ranlib" is used. I don't see
> such a string in the
> sources, only in the config files. Is it just for rand and srand?

ranlib is used to export the symbols from an archive/library in posix. I
think it turns a an archive into a library?

> Someday, I will try and compile it for Windows. If I am
> successful (and if
> nobody does it before me :-), I will post the result.

You could get yourself cygwin and save yourself a lot of trouble. Or
possible Mingwin (havent tried this).

http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/ - relies on cygwin DLL
http://www.mingw.org/ - compiles win32 native app.

Or http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/ has a few unix tools for win32 users as
what you get with windows for development is a bit rubbish.

Regards,
Nick