talk in Milan

Roberto Ierusalimschy
I will give a talk about Lua next Monday (June 10), 10 am, at the
Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informazione - Politecnico di Milano.
Everybody is wellcome.

Re: talk in Milan

Raffaele Salmaso-2
Roberto Ierusalimschy ha scritto:
>(June 10)
  ^^^^^^^
Typo? You mean June 20?

--
()_() | Always keep the Titanic in mind when I talk        | +----
(o.o) | about security or safety, meaning that nothin      | +---+
GPG fingerprint 1CF5 51D4 E528 EB87 9977  B277 BE8C BF1E 620C 40ED

Re: talk in Milan

Roberto Ierusalimschy
>  >(June 10)
>    ^^^^^^^
> Typo? You mean June 20?

Sure! Sorry about that.

Re: talk in Milan

Raffaele Salmaso-2
Roberto Ierusalimschy ha scritto:
Sure! Sorry about that.
-- Roberto
Where? I'm interested :)
Can you give some more info?

(well, I'm happy about this little surprise :) )

--
()_() | Always keep the Titanic in mind when I talk        | +----
(o.o) | about security or safety, meaning that nothin      | +---+
'm m' | is fully secure.                                   |  O  |
(___) |              raffaele punto salmaso presso libero punto it
GPG fingerprint 1CF5 51D4 E528 EB87 9977  B277 BE8C BF1E 620C 40ED

Re: talk in Milan

Roberto Ierusalimschy
> Where? I'm interested :)

Good. (At least someone there will have heard about Lua :)

> Can you give some more info?

What I got is "Il giorno 20 giugno, alle ore 10.00 in Sala
Conferenze." Is that "Sala Conferenze" enough to define a unique
place? (I guess the address is P.za Leonardo da Vinci 32, 20133 Milano.)

(The talk itself is just an overview of Lua...)

Re: talk in Milan

Raffaele Salmaso-2
Roberto Ierusalimschy ha scritto:
Good. (At least someone there will have heard about Lua :)
:)

What I got is "Il giorno 20 giugno, alle ore 10.00 in Sala
Conferenze." Is that "Sala Conferenze" enough to define a unique
place? (I guess the address is P.za Leonardo da Vinci 32, 20133 Milano.)
no, if the Sala Conferenze is in DEI department
english: http://www.elet.polimi.it:80/howtoreachus.jsp
italian: http://www.elet.polimi.it:80/raggiungerci.jsp

(The talk itself is just an overview of Lua...)
so a basic introduction? Well, anyway I'll be there

--
()_() | Always keep the Titanic in mind when I talk        | +----
(o.o) | about security or safety, meaning that nothin      | +---+
'm m' | is fully secure.                                   |  O  |
(___) |              raffaele punto salmaso presso libero punto it
GPG fingerprint 1CF5 51D4 E528 EB87 9977  B277 BE8C BF1E 620C 40ED

Re: talk in Milan

Silvana Rossetto
Hello everybody,

Just to summarize, the Roberto's talk about Lua in Milan will be in

Sala Conferenze
Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informazione (DEI)
Politecnico di Milano
Via Ponzio, 34/5 (near to P.za Leonardo da Vinci), Milan, Tel. 02 23993400
(Sala Conferenze is in the first floor)

July 20, 2005
10h am

The links suggested by Raffaele are very good ;-)
>english: http://www.elet.polimi.it:80/howtoreachus.jsp
>italian: http://www.elet.polimi.it:80/raggiungerci.jsp

ciao,
Silvana :)

================
The Lua Language
Roberto Ierusalimschy

In this talk I will give a brief introduction to the language.  We will
see its basic mechanisms and how they are used to support more complex
concepts.  I will also talk about some relevant uses of Lua and give
a short evaluation of the language with respect to its main features
(simplicity, portability, efficiency, and ease of integration).

Re: talk in Milan

Silvana Rossetto
...sorry
the talk will be:

JUNE 20, and not July 20

> Hello everybody,
>
> Just to summarize, the Roberto's talk about Lua in Milan will be in
>
> Sala Conferenze
> Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informazione (DEI)
> Politecnico di Milano
> Via Ponzio, 34/5 (near to P.za Leonardo da Vinci), Milan, Tel. 02 23993400
> (Sala Conferenze is in the first floor)
>
> July 20, 2005
> 10h am
>
> The links suggested by Raffaele are very good ;-)
>>english: http://www.elet.polimi.it:80/howtoreachus.jsp
>>italian: http://www.elet.polimi.it:80/raggiungerci.jsp
>
> ciao,
> Silvana :)
>

> ================
> The Lua Language
> Roberto Ierusalimschy
>
> In this talk I will give a brief introduction to the language.  We will
> see its basic mechanisms and how they are used to support more complex
> concepts.  I will also talk about some relevant uses of Lua and give
> a short evaluation of the language with respect to its main features
> (simplicity, portability, efficiency, and ease of integration).

Re: talk in Milan

Nightwolf
Hi everybody,

just a brief email to inform you that a friend of mine (CCed) recorded the talk below and made it available as two MP3s (mirroring the two parts of the conference). I have uploaded these two files and they are avaliable, in case you're interested, at:

http://www.brainage.org/downloads/LUA.Conference.Milan.2005.06.20-part1.mp3
http://www.brainage.org/downloads/LUA.Conference.Milan.2005.06.20-part2.mp3

We apologize in advance for the audio quality, since the recording device was not really "professional" :-)

Also remember that this is an "independent" production and it's not in any way supported/mantained by the LUA team. Please contact me directly if you encounter any problem with the two files above.

Andrea.

Silvana Rossetto wrote:
[...]

Jolan Luff
On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 07:43:35PM +0200, Nightwolf wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> just a brief email to inform you that a friend of mine (CCed) recorded
> the talk below and made it available as two MP3s (mirroring the two
> parts of the conference). I have uploaded these two files and they are
> avaliable, in case you're interested, at:
>
> http://www.brainage.org/downloads/LUA.Conference.Milan.2005.06.20-part1.mp3
> http://www.brainage.org/downloads/LUA.Conference.Milan.2005.06.20-part2.mp3

i've mirrored it on my server since i had some difficulty fetching them
due to timeouts, stalling transfers, etc:

http://mirrors.protection.cx/~jolan/LUA.Conference.Milan.2005.06.20-part1.mp3
http://mirrors.protection.cx/~jolan/LUA.Conference.Milan.2005.06.20-part2.mp3

> We apologize in advance for the audio quality, since the recording
> device was not really "professional" :-)
>
> Also remember that this is an "independent" production and it's not in
> any way supported/mantained by the LUA team. Please contact me directly
> if you encounter any problem with the two files above.

the quality is actually okay, at least it didn't distract me at all.

thank you very much for this,

- jolan