std::string& as pure_out_value in MSVC

Willi Schinmeyer
  Hi,

I'm currently trying to compile my project with MSVC 2010 for the first
time, I usually use mingw/gcc wanted to debug something using the MSVC
debugger. Anyway, I think I encountered a bug: I can't use std::string&
arguments as pure_out_values.

It seems to be the same problem as described here with example code:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1597697/luabind-function-using-stdstring-reference-with-pure-out-value-policy-not-pos

Any suggestions on what to do about that?

Thanks,
Willi

Re: std::string& as pure_out_value in MSVC

Willi Schinmeyer
  Nevermind, after searching some more I found a solition:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=BANLkTikHHfgriXApDNDcOSscW59sUPnsiA%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=luabind-user

The out_value_policy workaround for GCC 3.1 apparently works for MSVC 10
as well. I'll have to test it, but it compiles now. (Well, this part of
my code anyway, but the rest is not luabind related.)

So long,
Willi