setvbuf documentation

markjynx
In the manual, it says setvbuf "sets the buffering mode mode for an
output file".
I believe it's a bit misleading.
The C standard specifies that setvbuf causes changes in input/output
buffering, not just output.
Thus input files, such as stdin, will also be affected.
Am I mistaken, or should I send a manual patch?

Re: setvbuf documentation

Roberto Ierusalimschy
> In the manual, it says setvbuf "sets the buffering mode mode for an output
> file".
> I believe it's a bit misleading.
> The C standard specifies that setvbuf causes changes in input/output
> buffering, not just output.
> Thus input files, such as stdin, will also be affected.

Thanks for the correction.

> Am I mistaken, or should I send a manual patch?

I hope we know how to fix that. Thanks anyway.

-- Roberto