plua 2.x widget containers

David McNab
Hi all,

Firstly - warm accolades to the creators and community of PLUA. The
design and implementation of this particular Palm development tool has
come from a really good space of inspiration. :)

I'm in the process of learning Lua5, and migrating from SuperWaba over
to PLUA2. This decision is driven by the embarrassingly sluggish
performance of SuperWaba applications, even when compiled into non-VM
standalone binaries.

I wanted to ask if anyone has done any work toward scrollable widget
containers, or even an OO framework for managing widgets in general.

If this area isn't being worked on, I'd be interested in building an
OO PLUA2 widget framework myself. Otherwise, I'd prefer not to
reinvent the wheel.

The ideal I'm looking for is something like:
http://www.freenet.org.nz/superwaba/controllistbox/view_applet.html
(java-enabled browser needed).

Any thoughts?

Cheers
David

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: plua 2.x widget containers

migueletto
Hi,

> I wanted to ask if anyone has done any work toward scrollable widget
> containers, or even an OO framework for managing widgets in general.

PalmOS does not have a native scrollable widget container, so it was
not implemented in Plua. In theory it would be possible to implement
one as a C library.

> If this area isn't being worked on, I'd be interested in building an
> OO PLUA2 widget framework myself. Otherwise, I'd prefer not to
> reinvent the wheel.

If I were designing Plua today, I would probably implement a more
object oriented framework. A native OO framework may still appear in
the future, but it is not in the current to-do list.

Regards,
Marcio.