[off-topic] Free hosting for Lua scripts :-)

[off-topic] Free hosting for Lua scripts :-)

Egor Skriptunoff-2
Hi!

Example:
lua <(wget -qO- http://i.imgur.com/91HtaFp.gif)
The magic is in the first line of the script :-)
It may be handy sometimes: short URLs with hotlinking.

-- Egor

Re: [off-topic] Free hosting for Lua scripts :-)

mniip-2
On 07/24/2015 02:24 AM, Egor Skriptunoff wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Example:
> lua <(wget -qO- http://i.imgur.com/91HtaFp.gif)
> The magic is in the first line of the script :-)
> It may be handy sometimes: short URLs with hotlinking.
>
> -- Egor

When conventional free to use pastebins with short urls and hotlinking are too
mainstream.

/* mniip */

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 1:30 AM, mniip <[hidden email]> wrote:
When conventional free to use pastebins with short urls and hotlinking are too
mainstream.
Pastebin.com has file size limit of 512 KBytes.
Imgur lets non-registered user upload Lua script up to 10 MBytes :-)
Example of big (and useless) Lua script:
wget -qO- http://i.imgur.com/Ayk5uyF.gif | lua -

Re: [off-topic] Free hosting for Lua scripts :-)

Peter Aronoff
Egor Skriptunoff <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Pastebin.com has file size limit of 512 KBytes.  Imgur lets
> non-registered user upload Lua script up to 10 MBytes :-) Example of big
> (and useless) Lua script: wget -qO- http://i.imgur.com/Ayk5uyF.gif | lua -

Do GitHub or Bitbucket have any limits on file size?

Re: [off-topic] Free hosting for Lua scripts :-)

Soni "They/Them" L.

On 23/07/15 10:12 PM, Peter Aronoff wrote:
> Egor Skriptunoff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Pastebin.com has file size limit of 512 KBytes.  Imgur lets
>> non-registered user upload Lua script up to 10 MBytes :-) Example of big
>> (and useless) Lua script: wget -qO- http://i.imgur.com/Ayk5uyF.gif | lua -
> Do GitHub or Bitbucket have any limits on file size?

1GB repo size limit

--
Disclaimer: these emails are public and can be accessed from <TODO: get a non-DHCP IP and put it here>. If you do not agree with this, DO NOT REPLY.

Re: [off-topic] Free hosting for Lua scripts :-)

Jeff Pohlmeyer
On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 5:30 PM, mniip <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 07/24/2015 02:24 AM, Egor Skriptunoff wrote:

>> lua <(wget -qO- http://i.imgur.com/91HtaFp.gif)
>> The magic is in the first line of the script :-)

> When conventional free to use pastebins with short urls and hotlinking are too
> mainstream.

Maybe it's just a solution in search of a problem, but I still think
it's pretty damn clever. :-)

 - Jeff

Re: [off-topic] Free hosting for Lua scripts :-)

Rena
On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 9:24 PM, Jeff Pohlmeyer
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 5:30 PM, mniip <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 07/24/2015 02:24 AM, Egor Skriptunoff wrote:
>
>>> lua <(wget -qO- http://i.imgur.com/91HtaFp.gif)
>>> The magic is in the first line of the script :-)
>
>> When conventional free to use pastebins with short urls and hotlinking are too
>> mainstream.
>
> Maybe it's just a solution in search of a problem, but I still think
> it's pretty damn clever. :-)
>
>  - Jeff

It reminds me of embedding <?php eval($_GET['x']) ?> into an image
file (which, due to comment fields, can still be valid) to pwn silly
servers that run static content through PHP. But I doubt there's any
server out there that runs its static content through Lua, especially
since Lua isn't designed to parse code embedded in documents and
otherwise pass them through to stdout. :-)

Sent from my Game Boy.

Re: [off-topic] Free hosting for Lua scripts :-)

Jorge Visca

You could at least save the scripts as jpeg so they would take less space!

Re: [off-topic] Free hosting for Lua scripts :-)

> On 23/07/15 20:24, Egor Skriptunoff wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Example:
>> lua <(wget -qO- http://i.imgur.com/91HtaFp.gif)
>> The magic is in the first line of the script :-)
>> It may be handy sometimes: short URLs with hotlinking.
>

> You could at least save the scripts as jpeg so they would take less space!

JPEG compresses only the image, not the metadata. Lua scripts
disguised as GIF have image size zero.