[meta] Writing release announcement emails

[meta] Writing release announcement emails

Hisham
Hi,

This is a bit meta, but I thought I'd share here a blog post I just
wrote in hopes it is useful for more people:

https://hisham.hm/2017/05/04/writing-release-announcement-emails/

Cheers!

-- Hisham

Re: [meta] Writing release announcement emails

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
> This is a bit meta, but I thought I'd share here a blog post I just
> wrote in hopes it is useful for more people:
>
> https://hisham.hm/2017/05/04/writing-release-announcement-emails/

Very nice! Thanks!

Re: [meta] Writing release announcement emails

Gregg Reynolds-2

On May 4, 2017 1:04 PM, "Hisham" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

This is a bit meta, but I thought I'd share here a blog post I just
wrote in hopes it is useful for more people:

https://hisham.hm/2017/05/04/writing-release-announcement-emails/

nice. whaddya got for un-announcements?  e.g. the thing i'm working on all by my lonesome that's just about alpha (seems to work) but needs more eyeballs, testers, etc.?

gregg

Re: [meta] Writing release announcement emails

Peter Aronoff
Gregg Reynolds <[hidden email]> wrote:
> nice. whaddya got for un-announcements?  e.g. the thing i'm working on
> all by my lonesome that's just about alpha (seems to work) but needs more
> eyeballs, testers, etc.?

I think I would do it pretty much the same way, except that I'd make sure
to say very clearly that the thing was pre-alpha and available for more
eyeballs and testers, but not (necessarily) fit for production use, etc.