luasql

Steve Dekorte-4

LuaSQL is just what I was looking for for my current project but I ran into a problem with the following:

#if defined(WIN32)
#include <windows.h>
#include <sqlext.h>
#elif defined(INFORMIX)
#include <infxcli.h>
#endif

I'm on unix (Mac OSX) and don't have informix. Is there any way for me to get this working?

Steve

Re: luasql

Diogo Vieira Andrade
  Steve,

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Steve Dekorte wrote:

> LuaSQL is just what I was looking for for my current project but I ran
> into a problem with the following:

(...)

> I'm on unix (Mac OSX) and don't have informix. Is there any way for me
> to get this working?

  LuaSQL uses ODBC to communicate with the database. Those
#includes are ODBC API headers.

  Which database are you currently using? Is there an ODBC
API implemented for this database in Mac OSX?

  If so, just add another #ifdef #including the correct headers.
If not... you will need a database with ODBC API implemented for
Mac OSX.

  Regards,

  -- Diogo.

Re: luasql

Steve Dekorte-4

On Tuesday, March 12, 2002, at 01:45  PM, Diogo Vieira Andrade wrote:
  LuaSQL uses ODBC to communicate with the database. Those
#includes are ODBC API headers.

  Which database are you currently using? Is there an ODBC
API implemented for this database in Mac OSX?

  If so, just add another #ifdef #including the correct headers.
If not... you will need a database with ODBC API implemented for
Mac OSX.

Thanks for the response Diogo.

The database is Microsoft SQL server (running on a seperate windows machine). All I've been able to dig up in the way of ODBC APIs is freetds(http://www.freetds.org/), but it's not clear yet what dependencies it has.

Steve