luasocket

Steve Dekorte-4

Has anyone written a small web server using luasocket?

Steve

rje

Re: luasocket

rje
On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 04:20:30AM -0700, Steve Dekorte wrote:

> Has anyone written a small web server using luasocket?

I have, but it didn't serve files off a file system (I couldn't be
bothered to hunt around for something that provided stat or similar, anyway
- does the POSIX library provide this?) it simply called functions depending
on the object that the client requested - extremely simple.

--
Rob Kendrick - http://www.digital-scurf.org/
Too much is just enough.
		-- Mark Twain, on whiskey

Re: luasocket

>(I couldn't be
>bothered to hunt around for something that provided stat or similar, anyway
>- does the POSIX library provide this?)

Yes, poslib contains stat (and more, of course). BTW, perhaps this is a good
time to ask: how much interest is there in poslib, the POSIX library?
--lhf

rje

Re: luasocket

rje
On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 08:47:16AM -0300, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> >(I couldn't be
> >bothered to hunt around for something that provided stat or similar, anyway
> >- does the POSIX library provide this?)
>
> Yes, poslib contains stat (and more, of course). BTW, perhaps this is a good
> time to ask: how much interest is there in poslib, the POSIX library?

It sounds extremely useful, but I'm yet to write something that actually
needs it yet :)

--
Rob Kendrick - http://www.digital-scurf.org/
Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.

Re: luasocket

Tomas Guisasola Gorham-2
> Yes, poslib contains stat (and more, of course). BTW, perhaps this is a good
> time to ask: how much interest is there in poslib, the POSIX library?
	I've been using it in some scripts, especially CGILua scripts.
Are you planning something?  Some function conflicts with standard Lua
ones (getenv, date, as I can remember).  It'll be good to put all functions
in a proper namespace.

		Tomas

Re: luasocket

>Are you planning something?

Whether to continue to support it... I've done a lot of work cleaning up
the code and adding a few more functions and was wondering whether someone
would be needing it or willing to test it. Here is a list of what is currently
in the new, unreleased version of poslib:

access		fork		kill		rmdir		times
chdir		getcwd		link		setgid		umask
chgrp		getenv		lock		setuid		uname
chmod		getgroup	mkdir		sleep		unlink
chown		getlogin	mkfifo		stat		utime
ctermid		getpasswd	pathconf	symlink		wait
dir		getprocessid	readlink	sysconf

>Some function conflicts with standard Lua
>ones (getenv, date, as I can remember).  It'll be good to put all functions
>in a proper namespace.

date is gone from poslib. getenv does a little more that the standard version.
Yes, they will be exported as os.mkdir and such, both in the standard libraries
and in the posix library.

Re: luasocket

Peter Loveday-2
> Whether to continue to support it... I've done a lot of work cleaning up
> the code and adding a few more functions and was wondering whether someone
> would be needing it or willing to test it. Here is a list of what is currently
> in the new, unreleased version of poslib:

Do these poslib functions work in win32?  If so, I'd be interested in testing it.

- Peter