luasocket for IPv6

Cristian Tatino
HI all,

Where can i find luasocket for ipv6? is available also for luarocks?

Cheers,

Cristian.

Re: luasocket for IPv6

David Demelier
2013/5/27 Cristian Tatino <[hidden email]>:
> HI all,
>
> Where can i find luasocket for ipv6? is available also for luarocks?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cristian.

Hi,

Unfortunately luasocket is not maintained for years.

I'm currently designing a C++ portable sockets library (at the moment
speaking TCP code is done with IPv6 and IPv4). I plan to add UDP very
soon and until everything is done I will create a brand new socket
library for Lua and thus also compatible with Lua 5.2

Demelier David

Re: luasocket for IPv6

Jorge Visca
On 05/29/2013 12:47 PM, David Demelier wrote:
> 2013/5/27 Cristian Tatino <[hidden email]>:
>> Where can i find luasocket for ipv6? is available also for luarocks?
>
> Unfortunately luasocket is not maintained for years.

There is a lot of traffic right now at the luasocket's github:

https://github.com/diegonehab/luasocket

Perhaps it is coming.

Re: luasocket for IPv6

Alexandre Rion
Something is working there, but I don't know anything the state of that
version. I haven't tried. Does someone know more about it?

https://github.com/diegonehab/luasocket/tree/unstable

Alexandre

2013/5/27 Cristian Tatino <[hidden email]>:
> HI all,
>
> Where can i find luasocket for ipv6? is available also for luarocks?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cristian.

Hi,

Unfortunately luasocket is not maintained for years.

I'm currently designing a C++ portable sockets library (at the moment
speaking TCP code is done with IPv6 and IPv4). I plan to add UDP very
soon and until everything is done I will create a brand new socket
library for Lua and thus also compatible with Lua 5.2

Demelier David

Re: luasocket for IPv6

Matthew Wild
On 29 May 2013 16:59, Alexandre Rion <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Something is working there, but I don't know anything the state of that
> version. I haven't tried. Does someone know more about it?
>
> https://github.com/diegonehab/luasocket/tree/unstable

It works. We quietly released a packaged version of this along with a
Prosody beta a few weeks ago. We have had no bug reports from people
using it.

Until an official release is made, if you want a Debian/Ubuntu package
add our package repository:
http://prosody.im/download/package_repository and install
'lua-socket-prosody'. Similarly a Windows DLL can be found packaged in
http://prosody.im/tmp/0.9.0beta1/Prosody-0.9.0beta1.zip (not a stable
URL).

Bug reports are welcome to the Github project.

Regards,
Matthew

Re: luasocket for IPv6

Cristian Tatino