luacode.org, was Re: A question about table's length

luacode.org, was Re: A question about table's length

Bruce O. Benson

This is the first mention of luacode.org I can find on the archives.  It's a nice looking and simple to use site.  And it uses Sputnik.

I noticed the main graphic (upper left corner) is a stylized rendering of the word "LuaForge".  Is LuaCode related to LuaForge, or will it be?

Regards,
Bruce.

Re: luacode.org, was Re: A question about table's length

Andrew Wilson-4
That is a prototype that Steve Donovan created to flesh out some ideas
related to how a new luaforge & snippets type site might
look/operate/feel. Cheers AGRW

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 4:24 AM, Bruce O. Benson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 10:45 PM, David Manura <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> [1]
>> http://snippets.luacode.org/sputnik.lua?p=snippets/Iterating_over_the_hash_part_of_a_table_6
>
> This is the first mention of luacode.org I can find on the archives.  It's a
> nice looking and simple to use site.  And it uses Sputnik.
>
> I noticed the main graphic (upper left corner) is a stylized rendering of
> the word "LuaForge".  Is LuaCode related to LuaForge, or will it be?
>
> Regards,
> Bruce.

Re: luacode.org, was Re: A question about table's length

steve donovan
On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Andrew Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> That is a prototype that Steve Donovan created to flesh out some ideas
> related to how a new luaforge & snippets type site might
> look/operate/feel. Cheers AGRW

I just extended the machinery; Betrand provided the design (we all
liked the Tintin rocket!), Yuri themed Sputnik, and Jim is hosting (he
also did the original prototype of a snippets site using Sputnik)

It is still bare-bones because we're concentrating on functionality,
not beauty ;)

It's still a matter of debate whether snippets and projects should
live together in the same site.  (No final decision to use Sputnik has
been taken, but we are going for a Lua solution definitely).

steve d.

Re: luacode.org, was Re: A question about table's length

Alexander Gladysh
On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 12:24, Bruce O. Benson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 10:45 PM, David Manura <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> [1]
>> http://snippets.luacode.org/sputnik.lua?p=snippets/Iterating_over_the_hash_part_of_a_table_6

> This is the first mention of luacode.org I can find on the archives.  It's a
> nice looking and simple to use site.  And it uses Sputnik.

That's weird, but I just get a blank page when I try to view
luacode.org in my browser.

$ GET http://luacode.org
$ HEAD http://luacode.org
200 OK
Connection: close
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 18:14:09 GMT
Accept-Ranges: bytes
ETag: "-606301297"
Server: lighttpd/1.4.19
Last-Modified: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 09:32:14 GMT
Client-Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 18:14:19 GMT
Client-Peer: 207.192.73.84:80
Client-Response-Num: 1

HTH,
Alexander.

P.S. Happy New Year, everyone!

Re: luacode.org, was Re: A question about table's length

Yuri Takhteyev
> That's weird, but I just get a blank page when I try to view
> luacode.org in my browser.

The prototype is at http://snippets.luacode.org/

Again, this is just a prototype. Some parts work, others are just mock
ups (e.g., the categories on the right). Nothing is final: the design,
the functionality, the domain name, the choice of platform - all of
those can change.

Those who want to follow the development should read (or join) the
luaforge-development list:

http://groups.google.com/group/luaforge-development

- yuri

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 21:32, Yuri Takhteyev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> That's weird, but I just get a blank page when I try to view
>> luacode.org in my browser.

> The prototype is at http://snippets.luacode.org/

Ah, then, perhaps, redirect is in order?

Alexander.