luabind whereabouts

Dennis Schridde
Hi!

I found a luabind repository [1] on BitBucket with recent commits by Peter
Colberg. These are newer than those in a repository [2] I found on GitHub,
which on the other hand have some forks [3] that appear recent. The upstream
repository mentioned [4] on BitBucket, as well as the one mentioned [5] on
GitHub are dead. The Rasterbar Software site for luabind [6], as well as the
SourceForge site [7] appear to have suffered the same fate.

Do you know where Peter Colberg's repository resides now? Which repository is
official and merges all those efforts?

Best regards,
Dennis

[1] https://bitbucket.org/cinderblocks/luabind
[2] https://github.com/luabind/luabind
[3] https://github.com/rpavlik/luabind
[4] http://git.colberg.org/luabind.git
[5] http://code.rasterbar.com/luabind
[6] http://www.rasterbar.com/products/luabind.html
[7] https://sourceforge.net/projects/luabind

Re: luabind whereabouts

Thomas Nelson-10
I was trying to figure this very question out a few weeks ago. I ended
up forking my own on GitHub and working off the v0.9 branch.

On Sun, 2012-09-09 at 14:54 +0200, Dennis Schridde wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I found a luabind repository [1] on BitBucket with recent commits by Peter
> Colberg. These are newer than those in a repository [2] I found on GitHub,
> which on the other hand have some forks [3] that appear recent. The upstream
> repository mentioned [4] on BitBucket, as well as the one mentioned [5] on
> GitHub are dead. The Rasterbar Software site for luabind [6], as well as the
> SourceForge site [7] appear to have suffered the same fate.
>
> Do you know where Peter Colberg's repository resides now? Which repository is
> official and merges all those efforts?
>
> Best regards,
> Dennis
>
> [1] https://bitbucket.org/cinderblocks/luabind
> [2] https://github.com/luabind/luabind
> [3] https://github.com/rpavlik/luabind
> [4] http://git.colberg.org/luabind.git
> [5] http://code.rasterbar.com/luabind
> [6] http://www.rasterbar.com/products/luabind.html
> [7] https://sourceforge.net/projects/luabind
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Live Security Virtual Conference Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/

Re: luabind whereabouts

Dennis Schridde
Hi Thomas!

Am Sonntag, 9. September 2012, 09:03:22 schrieb Thomas Nelson:
> I was trying to figure this very question out a few weeks ago. I ended
> up forking my own on GitHub and working off the v0.9 branch.
In that case you should definitely checkout [1], which has 4 additional
commits by Peter Colberg (the same person who appears to have worked on the
Lua 5.2 support in 0.9).

--Dennis

Re: luabind whereabouts

Ryan Pavlik-4
Mine ( https://github.com/rpavlik/luabind ) is actively maintained, and I'll merge in others' patches as I get the chance to.  Thanks for finding these!

Ryan

On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Dennis Schridde <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Thomas!

Am Sonntag, 9. September 2012, 09:03:22 schrieb Thomas Nelson:
> I was trying to figure this very question out a few weeks ago. I ended
> up forking my own on GitHub and working off the v0.9 branch.
In that case you should definitely checkout [1], which has 4 additional
commits by Peter Colberg (the same person who appears to have worked on the
Lua 5.2 support in 0.9).

--Dennis

Ryan Pavlik
HCI Graduate Student
Virtual Reality Applications Center
Iowa State University

[hidden email]
http://academic.cleardefinition.com

Re: luabind whereabouts

Ryan Pavlik-4
Oh, and as an FYI, my repo has automated generation of the docs at http://www.vrac.iastate.edu/vancegroup/docs/luabind/ and automated regression tests (got a Jenkins server doing CI)

Ryan

Am Dienstag, 11. September 2012, 19:18:53 schrieb Ryan Pavlik:
> Mine ( https://github.com/rpavlik/luabind ) is actively maintained, and
> I'll merge in others' patches as I get the chance to.  Thanks for finding
> these!
There is now another fork: Mine [1] ;)

I added the patches found in cinderblock's repos on the master branch to the
0.9 branch, where I felt they'd belong (the last thing Colberg was working
on). Please feel free to merge them.

--Dennis

[1] https://github.com/devurandom/luabind

Re: luabind whereabouts

Dennis Schridde
Am Mittwoch, 12. September 2012, 16:55:08 schrieb Dennis Schridde:

> Am Dienstag, 11. September 2012, 19:18:53 schrieb Ryan Pavlik:
> > Mine ( https://github.com/rpavlik/luabind ) is actively maintained, and
> > I'll merge in others' patches as I get the chance to.  Thanks for finding
> > these!
>
> There is now another fork: Mine [1] ;)
>
> I added the patches found in cinderblock's repos on the master branch to the
> 0.9 branch, where I felt they'd belong (the last thing Colberg was working
> on). Please feel free to merge them.
P.S: See also: https://github.com/luabind/luabind/pull/13

Re: luabind whereabouts

liam mail
On 12 September 2012 16:07, Dennis Schridde <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 12. September 2012, 16:55:08 schrieb Dennis Schridde:
>> Am Dienstag, 11. September 2012, 19:18:53 schrieb Ryan Pavlik:
>> > Mine ( https://github.com/rpavlik/luabind ) is actively maintained, and
>> > I'll merge in others' patches as I get the chance to.  Thanks for finding
>> > these!
>>
>> There is now another fork: Mine [1] ;)
>>
>> I added the patches found in cinderblock's repos on the master branch to the
>> 0.9 branch, where I felt they'd belong (the last thing Colberg was working
>> on). Please feel free to merge them.
>
> P.S: See also: https://github.com/luabind/luabind/pull/13

So is there an official repo that supports Lua 5.2.1? If not which
repo would you recommend that does?

Thanks
Liam