lua.org

Re: lua.org

Steve Dekorte-4
Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
> "lualanguage.org" is not available! We own it already ;-) but not
> everybody down here are happy with this name. What do the list think about
> it?

Seems like it's the next best thing to lua.org/com.

Steve

Re: lua.org

Carlos Cardoso
I did.

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 18:04:32 +0000
[hidden email] wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 11:01:14AM -0700, James Hearn wrote:
> > > I really like lua.org.br. And the bureaucracy is not THAT complex. A
> > > good ISP can take care of the dirty work.
>
> I'm sorry, I missed a posting.  Who said the above?  All my threading's
> gone down the loo.
>
> > I agree...
>
> --
> Rob Kendrick - http://www.digital-scurf.org/
> Duty, n:
> 	What one expects from others.
> 		-- Oscar Wilde

Atenciosamente,

Carlos Cardoso
[hidden email]

-------------------------------------
Hands - o site brasileiro que coloca
as informações na palma de suas mãos.
       http://www.hands.com.br
-------------------------------------
HANDS - Eleita melhor empresa de Internet na
categoria serviços na Fenasoft  2000 .

Re: lua.org

Terence Martin-2
I agree.. though lua.org.br would be shorter, I for one never think of
adding country specific things to the end of a .org domain (well, I guess
that isn't a .org, but still). I think one of the hallmarks of a radical
domain name is that you can think of the name of the project and add .org to
the end and you go there.. that's just me though.

> > "lualanguage.org" is not available! We own it already ;-) but not
> > everybody down here are happy with this name. What do the list think
about
> > it?
>
> Seems like it's the next best thing to lua.org/com.
>
> Steve

rje

Re: lua.org

rje
On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 06:46:16PM -0800, Terence Martin wrote:
> I agree.. though lua.org.br would be shorter, I for one never think of
> adding country specific things to the end of a .org domain (well, I guess
> that isn't a .org, but still). I think one of the hallmarks of a radical
> domain name is that you can think of the name of the project and add .org to
> the end and you go there.. that's just me though.

I must use 4 or 5 .org.uk addresses a day.  They are, unsurprisingly, very
popular outside the US.  Saying that, I'd assume *.uk is the most used
country-specific TLD.

--
Rob Kendrick - http://www.digital-scurf.org/
It may or may not be worthwhile, but it still has to be done.

12