lua multimedia/game library BSD

Haroon Khalid
Anyone know a good library to work with lua for basic 2d games? Thanks

- Freya/Gia is almost 2 years old and only for linux and windows
- LuaAllegro is only for windows and linux
- lua-sdl has src but I am no C expert and have no idea on doing the special compiling
- luax is only for windows and linux

-------------------------
http://www.boringdays.com

Re: lua multimedia/game library BSD

Alias Zero
Doubt anyone would be running a GUI on BSD anyway. It's really for
servers. Linux is what you want for that. Get a LiveCD and use that to
develop your game or dual boot it.

Haroon Khalid wrote:

> Anyone know a good library to work with lua for basic 2d games? Thanks
>
> - Freya/Gia is almost 2 years old and only for linux and windows
> - LuaAllegro is only for windows and linux
> - lua-sdl has src but I am no C expert and have no idea on doing the special compiling
> - luax is only for windows and linux
>

> -------------------------
> http://www.boringdays.com

RE: lua multimedia/game library BSD

Jerome Vuarand-2
Most game consoles have NetBSD ports, which is not the case for Linux. So BSD game development makes a lot of sense.

Bugzilla from gradha@titanium.sabren.com
On 2006-05-10, Haroon Khalid <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Anyone know a good library to work with lua for basic 2d
> games? Thanks
>
> - LuaAllegro is only for windows and linux

Allegro claims to work under FreeBSD. LuAllegro claims to be ANSI
C. The fact that the portability page says it is for Windows and
Linux most likely means the developer has physical access only to
those platforms, and shouldn't be to hard to compile on BSD.