lua-mode for emacs: added lua-search-documentation

lua-mode for emacs: added lua-search-documentation

Jürgen Hötzel
Hi,

i revised lua-mode.el from Christian Vogler and added a function for online
documentation look-ups (using html anchors). My changes:

* added interactive function:
  lua-search-documentation

* added default key-bindings:
  C-c C-f lua-search-documentation
  C-c C-l lua-send-buffer

* made lua-default-application, lua-default-command-switches,
  lua-always-show, lua-search-url-prefix and lua-prefix-key customizable
  variables

You can get it here: http://www.hoetzel.info/Hacking/emacs/lua-mode.el
Don't forget to customize your browse-url-browser-function.

Jürgen

Re: lua-mode for emacs: added lua-search-documentation

Reuben Thomas-5
On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, Jürgen Hötzel wrote:

> i revised lua-mode.el from Christian Vogler and added a function for
> online documentation look-ups (using html anchors). My changes:

Excellent. Since at the moment we seem to be in low-contention mode, why
not post it to the wiki too? It's nice to keep an idea of what the
current version is.

http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | The old cliches are the best

Re: lua-mode for emacs: added lua-search-documentation

Reuben Thomas-5
On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, Jürgen Hötzel wrote:

> i revised lua-mode.el from Christian Vogler and added a function for online
> documentation look-ups (using html anchors). My changes:

I do notice that you seem to have revised a later version of lua-mode.el
than I have (without the 2004 support for Lua 5).

I've merged your changes into my later version, and while I was at it
made a few purely cosmetic changes (mostly, writing "lua" as "Lua" in
docstrings).

I've posted the result to the lua-users Wiki:

http://lua-users.org/files/wiki_insecure/editors/lua-mode.el

Other people have discussed improving the mode, but no-one else has done
anything (public) yet. If you do, please do merge with the Wiki version.
If the changes come thick and fast we can always start a LuaForge
project.

http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | canonize, v.  to sanctify a dead sinner (Bierce)

Re: lua-mode for emacs: added lua-search-documentation

Jürgen Hötzel
Thanks for your merge. I did another update on the Wiki version:

* removed invalid 'eval-when-compile' forms which caused errors like "Symbol's
  value as variable is void: lua-left-shift-regexp" when using compiled elisp
  code

* fixed 'send-current-line': 'lua-default-command-switches' was sent through
  stdin to the lua-process

Jürgen