lua-mode.el

Gregg Reynolds-2-2
Hi,

I'm getting started with lua in emacs.  lua-mode.el works pretty well,
but could use some enhancements.  E.g. binding C-x e to
lua-send-current-line.  Anybody else using lua-mode?  I'd rather crib
somebody else's than hack my own, of course; besides we should have one
lua-mode.el.

thanks,

gregg

Re: lua-mode.el

Adam D. Moss
Gregg Reynolds wrote:
> I'm getting started with lua in emacs.  lua-mode.el works pretty well,
> but could use some enhancements.  E.g. binding C-x e to
> lua-send-current-line.  Anybody else using lua-mode?  I'd rather crib
> somebody else's than hack my own, of course; besides we should have one
> lua-mode.el.

I use lua-mode constantly.  I think my hacked version is/was
on the wiki.  I really don't understand elisp though (I don't
think I want to!).

--adam

Re: lua-mode.el

Reuben Thomas-5
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006, Adam D. Moss wrote:

> I use lua-mode constantly.  I think my hacked version is/was
> on the wiki.  I really don't understand elisp though (I don't
> think I want to!).

Argh. The version on the wiki looks older than the one I have (though
Christian Vogler's stamp on it is newer on the wiki one). I attach a
diff. If anyone would like to work on getting a definitive version up,
I'm game. I use it all the time too.

As you'll see from the diff, the changes are mostly minor.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/
Reality is what refuses to disappear when you stop believing in it (Dick)

lua-mode.el.diff (9K) Download Attachment

Re: lua-mode.el

Gregg Reynolds-2-2
Reuben Thomas wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Apr 2006, Adam D. Moss wrote:
>
>> I use lua-mode constantly.  I think my hacked version is/was
>> on the wiki.  I really don't understand elisp though (I don't
>> think I want to!).
>
> Argh. The version on the wiki looks older than the one I have (though
> Christian Vogler's stamp on it is newer on the wiki one). I attach a
> diff. If anyone would like to work on getting a definitive version up,
> I'm game. I use it all the time too.

I'm in.  I'm reasonably familiar with elisp though not especially
proficient.  Some bits of the api definitely mystify me.

Let's talk off-list about what needs doing.  (First up for me is default
keybindings on the model of lisp-mode, e.g. C-c C-e =
lua-send-current-line, or the like)

Thanks for the patch.

-gregg