lua interpreter and mingw

Remo Dentato
Compiling Lua 5.0 under Windows with the mingw compiler (gcc 3.2) produces a
small bug in the stand-alone lua interpreter: messages directed to the
stderr (such as the copyright message, for instance) are deferred!

A quick fix is to add fflush(stderr) at the end of the l_message() function
(src/lua/lua.c:116), don't know if anyone has a better solution.

 This does not happen with other Windows compilers, I've tried OpenWatcom,
Lcc-win32, Borland C++ 5.5, Microsoft VC++ 6.0 and Digital Mars C++ under
WinXP and Win98 (not in all the combinations!!).

 Just in case it might be useful!

 R.D.

Re: lua interpreter and mingw

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
>Compiling Lua 5.0 under Windows with the mingw compiler (gcc 3.2) produces a
>small bug in the stand-alone lua interpreter: messages directed to the
>stderr (such as the copyright message, for instance) are deferred!

That's odd. I think that ANSI C requires that stderr be unbuffered or at
most line-buffered. (But I wasn't able to find a precise statement for
this right now.)

Book

Mauricio Ferreira
Where I can buy the book in Brazil?

Re: Book

Roberto Ierusalimschy
> Where I can buy the book in Brazil?

Currently the book is not available in Brazil. You can buy it at
amazon.com. (At least in Brazil we do not pay import taxes on books, but
we still have to pay delivering...)

I am checking whether it is viable to print a short run in Brazil
(100~200 books). If so, the book will be available in Brazil by the end
of January. I hope to have a decision in the first week of January; I
will keep the list informed.

-- Roberto