lua.exe built via mingw-64 - no output

Vadi
I'm having an odd issue where lua.exe built with mingw-64 on Windows produces no console output at all when run. luac.exe on the other hand works fine.

This is in the context of vcpkg, and this issue could not be reproduced with msvc. More context: https://github.com/microsoft/vcpkg/issues/14667

What could be the problem?

Re: lua.exe built via mingw-64 - no output

Antonio Scuri-2
  When building for Windows the subsystem parameter default for MingW usually is "console", but maybe it is "windows" in your case. When that happens you build a Windows application that starts with a WinMain and it does not have a console. Are you using a regular Lua source?

Best,
Scuri

Em sáb., 21 de nov. de 2020 às 09:31, Vadim Peretokin <[hidden email]> escreveu:
I'm having an odd issue where lua.exe built with mingw-64 on Windows produces no console output at all when run. luac.exe on the other hand works fine.

This is in the context of vcpkg, and this issue could not be reproduced with msvc. More context: https://github.com/microsoft/vcpkg/issues/14667

What could be the problem?

Re: lua.exe built via mingw-64 - no output

Vadi
Yeah, regular Lua source with a tiny and as far as I see unrelated patch. The setup is here: https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg/tree/master/ports/lua

Could you recommend what needs adjusting?

сб, 21 нояб. 2020 г., 1:58 PM Antonio Scuri <[hidden email]>:
  When building for Windows the subsystem parameter default for MingW usually is "console", but maybe it is "windows" in your case. When that happens you build a Windows application that starts with a WinMain and it does not have a console. Are you using a regular Lua source?

Best,
Scuri

Em sáb., 21 de nov. de 2020 às 09:31, Vadim Peretokin <[hidden email]> escreveu:
I'm having an odd issue where lua.exe built with mingw-64 on Windows produces no console output at all when run. luac.exe on the other hand works fine.

This is in the context of vcpkg, and this issue could not be reproduced with msvc. More context: https://github.com/microsoft/vcpkg/issues/14667

What could be the problem?

Re: lua.exe built via mingw-64 - no output

云风 Cloud Wu

在 2020年11月21日,20:31,Vadim Peretokin <[hidden email]> 写道:

I'm having an odd issue where lua.exe built with mingw-64 on Windows produces no console output at all when run. luac.exe on the other hand works fine.

You may need try another terminal that can returns correct result by _isatty() .