language shootout

Lars Rustemeier
hi,

in case anybody hasn't seen it:

check out "The Great Computer Language Shootout"

http://www.bagley.org/~doug/shootout/

lua does _not_ make a fool of it self. :)

/lars

         /"\
         \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign
          X      Against HTML Mail
         / \

Re: language shootout

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
>in case anybody hasn't seen it:
>
>check out "The Great Computer Language Shootout"

This page is listed in http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/lua/links.html
There are other benchmarks there too.

Re: language shootout

Steve Dekorte-4
http://www.bagley.org/~doug/shootout/craps.shtml

Wow, Lua scored the highest performance of all the untyped languages.

Steve

pau

Re: language shootout

pau
If I am not mistaken, Pike is also not really strong typed, you
can mess it up with "mixed" type everywhere :P

But Ocaml's performance really surprised me, maybe I should give
it a try :)

Regards,
.paul.