having multiple versions of Lua headers (clash situation)

having multiple versions of Lua headers (clash situation)

Asko Kauppi

After the recent packaging discussions, I'm having basically quite
the same issue, clash of Lua versions, but this time with the lua.h
and liblua.h header files.

I shall survive this, but it made me think, should the public header
files be renamed to 'lua51.h', 'liblua51.h' to avoid such situations.

   /sw/include/lua.h, liblua.h official 'fink' headers that I get by
'fink install lua'
   ../../lua-sources/src Lua 5.1 headers, which I'd like to
supersede the system ones.

Well. It cannot be done?

CPATH etc. are traversed after checking the system dirs first, and
gcc finds lua.h and is happy with it (only, my source needs 5.1,
which is not yet available from fink).

Any hints?

-asko

Re: having multiple versions of Lua headers (clash situation)

D Burgess-4
Given that Lua uses #include "lua.h" rather than <lua.h> I cannot
see what your problem is.

DB

On 2/6/06, Asko Kauppi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> After the recent packaging discussions, I'm having basically quite
> the same issue, clash of Lua versions, but this time with the lua.h
> and liblua.h header files.

Re: having multiple versions of Lua headers (clash situation)

Asko Kauppi

False alarm, I was too eager to post. :)  Sorry.

Not the headers, but some linkage stuff. Weird. Maybe OS X specific.

-asko