gui.fill() on the Zire 31?

ygfz4v902
First of all, thanks for this awesome program; it got me started with
Palm programming and is very impressive. I regret having to report a bug
on my device...

On the Zire 31, gui.fill does not work correctly. It seems to fill a
square a few pixels wide and then stop. To reproduce:
In Plua 2.0b7, create a new Memo file and enter:

screen.clear()
screen.fill(50, 50, screen.rgb(0, 0, 0))
gui.event()

It seems to me this should fill the screen with black and wait for a
tap, but it only fills a square as mentioned above.

The Zire 31 runs Palm OS 5.2.8. On the Palm OS Garnet Simulator, which
runs Palm OS 5.4, the above program works as expected.

I ran the below memo program on the device and on the simulator:

screen.moveto(0, 50)
print(screen.mode())
print(screen.textsize("a"))
print(screen.font(0))
gui.event()

output (on both the device and the simulator):

320    320    16    1
10    22
10    22

This is interesting because the specs on palm.com
<http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=69,E=00000000004488\
94079,K=5183,Sxi=1,useTemplate=Case.tem,CASE=31280>  list the Zire 31 as
having a 160x160 (CSTN, 12-bit [4,096] color) screen. But, my Plua
programs can draw past 160 pixels with no problems (except for the
fill).

Thanks,
Alex

Re: gui.fill() on the Zire 31?

bjpitre
--- In [hidden email], "zapguyd" <ygfz4v902@...> wrote:

> First of all, thanks for this awesome program; it got me started
with
> Palm programming and is very impressive. I regret having to report
a bug

> on my device...
>

> On the Zire 31, gui.fill does not work correctly. It seems to fill a
> square a few pixels wide and then stop. To reproduce:
> In Plua 2.0b7, create a new Memo file and enter:
>

> screen.clear()
> screen.fill(50, 50, screen.rgb(0, 0, 0))
> gui.event()
>

> It seems to me this should fill the screen with black and wait for a
> tap, but it only fills a square as mentioned above.
>
> The Zire 31 runs Palm OS 5.2.8. On the Palm OS Garnet Simulator,
which

> runs Palm OS 5.4, the above program works as expected.
>
> I ran the below memo program on the device and on the simulator:
>

> screen.moveto(0, 50)
> print(screen.mode())
> print(screen.textsize("a"))
> print(screen.font(0))
> gui.event()
>

> output (on both the device and the simulator):
>
> 320    320    16    1
> 10    22
> 10    22
>

> This is interesting because the specs on palm.com
> <http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?
St=69,E=00000000004488\
> 94079,K=5183,Sxi=1,useTemplate=Case.tem,CASE=31280>  list the Zire
31 as

> having a 160x160 (CSTN, 12-bit [4,096] color) screen. But, my Plua
> programs can draw past 160 pixels with no problems (except for the
> fill).
>

> Thanks,
> Alex

Alex,

The subject should have said "screen.fill", but I know what you
meant. I don't have a solution, but wanted to let you know that I see
the same problem (looks like a block of four pixels gets the color
instead of filling the screen or object) on my Zire-31.
--
Bill