end of Gmane

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
It seems Gmane is no longer online:
        https://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2016/07/28/the-end-of-gmane/

Unfortunately, the lua-l archives have many links to gmane.comp.lang.lua
that are now dead. I don't think it is possible map gmane.comp.lang.lua
message numbers to the corresponding ones at lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/ .

The MARC mirror at http://marc.info/?l=lua-l is still online but I'm not
sure how many people use it. I only found a couple of links to it in the
entire lua-l archives.

Re: end of Gmane

Nagaev Boris
On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 7:01 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> It seems Gmane is no longer online:
>         https://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2016/07/28/the-end-of-gmane/
>
> Unfortunately, the lua-l archives have many links to gmane.comp.lang.lua

I used gmane links rather than lua-l links because of lua-l archive
delay of several hours.

--

Best regards,
Boris Nagaev

Re: end of Gmane

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
> I used gmane links rather than lua-l links because of lua-l archive
> delay of several hours.

Yes. The lua-l archive is updated once a day, at around 9am UTC.

Re: end of Gmane

Pierre Chapuis
August 30 2016 7:27 PM, "Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I used gmane links rather than lua-l links because of lua-l archive
>> delay of several hours.
>
> Yes. The lua-l archive is updated once a day, at around 9am UTC.

Is there any way to increase this frequency?

I agree that the only reason I use gmane is it is impossible
to link to recent posts in the list using the archive.

Pierre Chapuis

Re: end of Gmane

Peter Aronoff
Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It seems Gmane is no longer online:
> https://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2016/07/28/the-end-of-gmane/

There is a follow-up post that may offer some relief:

https://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2016/07/28/the-end-of-gmane/comment-page-1/#comment-13502

If I understand that correctly, it would at least preserve all older
(non-trivial) amount of work. It’s a shame that it’s come to this.

Peter

Re: end of Gmane

Daniel Silverstone
On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 17:53:30 +0000, Pierre Chapuis wrote:
> August 30 2016 7:27 PM, "Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> I used gmane links rather than lua-l links because of lua-l archive
> >> delay of several hours.
> >
> > Yes. The lua-l archive is updated once a day, at around 9am UTC.
>
> Is there any way to increase this frequency?

The frequency is managed by the luausers account on the server IIRC.

I wouldn't object if the frequency was increased, but I should not touch that
without John Belmonte or someone actively deciding if it's fine.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 3CCE BABE 206C 3B69