documentation generation?

Willi Schinmeyer
  Hi,

when you supply wrong arguments to a luabind-bound function, you get an
error containing the function's signature. Can I somehow read out all
the available function signatures to automatically generate documentation?

If not, where would I start if I were to write that myself?

Thanks,
Willi Schinmeyer

Re: documentation generation?

Ryan Pavlik-4
I don't think it's in there right now, but you'd probably want to add it to the "class_info" methods, which are already capable of some limited introspective document generation.

The error code you refer to is in function.cpp in invoke_context::format_error

I'd be interested in this too, as it's on my list of things to look into. Happy to assist if needed.

Ryan

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Willi Schinmeyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
 Hi,

when you supply wrong arguments to a luabind-bound function, you get an
error containing the function's signature. Can I somehow read out all
the available function signatures to automatically generate documentation?

If not, where would I start if I were to write that myself?

Thanks,
Willi Schinmeyer

Ryan Pavlik
HCI Graduate Student