dbus

D Burgess-4
Has anyone attempted dbus bindings for Lua?

David Burgess

Re: dbus

Paul E. Merrell, J.D.
On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM, David Burgess <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Has anyone attempted dbus bindings for Lua?

<http://sourceforge.net/projects/ldbus/>
<https://github.com/luaforge/lua-dbus>
<https://github.com/pavouk/lgi>.
<https://github.com/daurnimator/ldbus>
<https://github.com/kstep/simpledbus/blob/master/simpledbus.lua>.

That's just from the first page of results googling for:

 lua dbus

Best regards,

Paul

Re: dbus

D Burgess-4
Thanks Paul, I have looked at some of these. The only thing which is
alive seems to be the code used by awesome (
http://awesome.naquadah.org/doc/ )
I am looking for a lua library which would allow me to ditch python for dbus.

David Burgess

Re: dbus

Laurent FAILLIE
Le 19/05/2013 04:45, David Burgess a écrit :
> Thanks Paul, I have looked at some of these. The only thing which is
> alive seems to be the code used by awesome (
> http://awesome.naquadah.org/doc/ )
> I am looking for a lua library which would allow me to ditch python for dbus.
I never touched DBbus itself, but I experienced a lot Lgi for other
Gnome's  library and it's a very versatile, powerful and understandable
solution.
The learning curve is VERY fast.

Bye

Laurent

Re: dbus

Harley Laue

On 05/18/13 21:45, David Burgess wrote:
> Thanks Paul, I have looked at some of these. The only thing which is
> alive seems to be the code used by awesome (
Are you sure about that? Clicking on the lgi github page shows there
have been updates as recently as 24 days ago. Perhaps it's just hit a
feature completeness and lots of code churn isn't needed at this point?