cast to std::string

Simon Pickles-2
  Hi,

I am trying to get a string from the global namespace. Heres my naive approach:

   try
   {
     const string s = luabind::object_cast<string>( luabind::globals(L)[ "name" ] );
     printf("LuaInterface::GetString: %s = %s\n", name.c_str(), s);
   }
   catch(const std::exception&e)
   {
     printf("LuaInterface::GetString Error: %s\n", e.what() );
   }

I get "unable to make cast".

I assure you I am using luaL_dofile correctly - I can use the above approach to get integers.

Is there a better way?

Thanks

SImon