add_dependency assertion error

Szymon Gatner
I am getting assertion error in object_rep.cpp:

void object_rep::add_dependency(lua_State* L, int index)
{
  assert(m_dependency_cnt < sizeof(object_rep));

  [...]
}

As there is no comment or assertion message I have no idea what it means.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Szymon

Re: add_dependency assertion error

Daniel Wallin
On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 11:45 PM, Szymon Gatner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am getting assertion error in object_rep.cpp:
>
> void object_rep::add_dependency(lua_State* L, int index)
> {
>  assert(m_dependency_cnt < sizeof(object_rep));
>
>  [...]
> }
>
> As there is no comment or assertion message I have no idea what it means.
>
> Any ideas?

luabind uses the address of the object_rep as a key into the Lua
registry, to maintain a list of dependencies that are to be kept
alive. Do you have some example code that causes this problem?

--
Daniel Wallin
BoostPro Computing