about Lua Technical Notes

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
In a private message to the Lua team, Reuben Thomas mentioned that people seem
to have been put off by "the high standards currently required of LTNs",
with the consequence that none have been produced.

So, I changed the wording in the pages to say that the LTN is much more informal
than the Macintosh Technical Notes. In particular, community participation
is essential.

I encourage everyone to share their experience in using Lua (applications
techniques; useful idioms; examples of how to use first-class functions,
upvalues, and tag methods; how to implement several flavors of object
orientation; etc.) and write them up as a Lua Technical Note.

Some of this will probably be in Roberto's book, but it would be good to see
other people's code too.

I look forward to receiving your contribuitions.

Re: about Lua Technical Notes

Erik Hougaard
> In a private message to the Lua team, Reuben Thomas mentioned that people
seem
> to have been put off by "the high standards currently required of LTNs",
> with the consequence that none have been produced.

> I look forward to receiving your contribuitions.

Maybe somebody should compile a "Best of lua-l" website, where all the good
stuff from the list is accesable in a quick 'n dirty way. (Ofcause with a
disclaimer) ??

/Erik