Z22 Plua status?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Z22 Plua status?

David McNab
Hi,

I'm looking seriously at the Z22 as a terminal platform for a new project.

Also, I'm looking to use Plua for the application framework.

(I was looking at SuperWaba for the application framework, but have
dropped this since the SuperWaba VM and libraries are not presently
working on the Z22)

Can someone please tell me whether the Z22 is working properly with Plua?

In particular, I need to know:
 - any general stability issues?
 - is database access working?
 - can characters be successfully sent/received through the
   Z22's IrDA port to/from Plua programs?

I'm trying to avoid the Tungsten E2 platform, since it's twice the
price of the Z22 and will savagely erode my margins once I start
selling product.

Thanks in advance for all information

Cheers
David




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [unclassified] Z22 Plua status?

tOM Trottier
There's also http://www.satelliteforms.net/ ...

tOM

On Thursday, November 16, 2006 at 23:45,
daviddmcnab <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking seriously at the Z22 as a terminal platform for a new project.
>
> Also, I'm looking to use Plua for the application framework.
>
> (I was looking at SuperWaba for the application framework, but have
> dropped this since the SuperWaba VM and libraries are not presently
> working on the Z22)
>
> Can someone please tell me whether the Z22 is working properly with Plua?
>
> In particular, I need to know:
>  - any general stability issues?
>  - is database access working?
>  - can characters be successfully sent/received through the
>    Z22's IrDA port to/from Plua programs?
>
> I'm trying to avoid the Tungsten E2 platform, since it's twice the
> price of the Z22 and will savagely erode my margins once I start
> selling product.
>
> Thanks in advance for all information
>
> Cheers
> David
>
>
>
>
>
>
>  
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>


        -- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur --
   ,__@ tOM Trottier, 758 Albert St,
 _-\_<, Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*) N45.41235 W75.71345 +1 613 860-6633
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists
to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable
man."
--George Bernard Shaw
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GCS$/B$/IT$/O d++(--)@>+ s:+>: a++(--)>+++ C++>++++ ULH---> P+>+++
L+>++ !E W+++ N+ w++ O M !V P+ PE- Y+ PGP t 5- X R* tv+ b++ DI+++ D G
e+++>++++ h----> r+++>++ y++++>++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [unclassified] Z22 Plua status?

Dado Sutter-2-2
Hello everyone,
   Satelliteforms is interesting but it is NOT free.

Greetings
Dado Sutter


On 11/23/06, tOM Trottier <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>   There's also http://www.satelliteforms.net/ ...
>
> tOM
>
> On Thursday, November 16, 2006 at 23:45,
> daviddmcnab <[hidden email] <plua%40yahoogroups.com>> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm looking seriously at the Z22 as a terminal platform for a new
> project.
> >
> > Also, I'm looking to use Plua for the application framework.
> >
> > (I was looking at SuperWaba for the application framework, but have
> > dropped this since the SuperWaba VM and libraries are not presently
> > working on the Z22)
> >
> > Can someone please tell me whether the Z22 is working properly with
> Plua?
> >
> > In particular, I need to know:
> > - any general stability issues?
> > - is database access working?
> > - can characters be successfully sent/received through the
> > Z22's IrDA port to/from Plua programs?
> >
> > I'm trying to avoid the Tungsten E2 platform, since it's twice the
> > price of the Z22 and will savagely erode my margins once I start
> > selling product.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for all information
> >
> > Cheers
> > David
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> -- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur --
> ,__@ tOM Trottier, 758 Albert St,
> _-\_<, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
> (*)/'(*) N45.41235 W75.71345 +1 613 860-6633
> "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
> persists
> to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the
> unreasonable
> man."
> --George Bernard Shaw
> -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
> Version: 3.12
> GCS$/B$/IT$/O d++(--)@>+ s:+>: a++(--)>+++ C++>++++ ULH---> P+>+++
> L+>++ !E W+++ N+ w++ O M !V P+ PE- Y+ PGP t 5- X R* tv+ b++ DI+++ D G
> e+++>++++ h----> r+++>++ y++++>++
> ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
>
>  
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Z22 Plua status?

abm0000abm-2
In reply to this post by David McNab
--- In [hidden email], "daviddmcnab" <david@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
Hi,
> I'm looking seriously at the Z22 as a terminal platform for a new
project.

I have such a thing and I'm using plua on it since about an hour ;)


> In particular, I need to know:
>  - any general stability issues?
>  - is database access working?
>  - can characters be successfully sent/received through the
>    Z22's IrDA port to/from Plua programs?

I can test the database and IrDA for you, if you send me a
testing-Program. It looks stable as far as I can see.

bye,

bobman