Will there be videos for Lua Workshop 2013?

Will there be videos for Lua Workshop 2013?

lua.greatwolf
Just wondering for those of us who couldn't make it.

Thanks

Re: Will there be videos for Lua Workshop 2013?

Pierre Chapuis
> Just wondering for those of us who couldn't make it.

The talks are filmed, so probably yes.

Re: Will there be videos for Lua Workshop 2013?

Thijs Schreijer
There is recording equipment in the rooms here. So my guess would be that they will become available.

Thijs

Just wondering for those of us who couldn't make it.

Thanks

Re: Will there be videos for Lua Workshop 2013?

lua.greatwolf
Any idea when the video link will be available though? I'm quite eager to watch it :)

Re: Will there be videos for Lua Workshop 2013?

Pierre Chapuis
> Any idea when the video link will be available though?
> I'm quite eager to watch it :)

The person filming at the workshop told me it would
take about two weeks.

Re: Will there be videos for Lua Workshop 2013?

Alessandro Delgado
On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Pierre Chapuis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Any idea when the video link will be available though?
> I'm quite eager to watch it :)

The person filming at the workshop told me it would
take about two weeks.

That's weird, because the person filming at the workshop told me that they were editing the talks the same days, and that on Sunday the talks from Saturday were already ready.

Maybe two weeks is the time it takes to upload those videos using that wifi connection  :-)

Re: Will there be videos for Lua Workshop 2013?

Alexander Gladysh
On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 8:35 PM, Alessandro Delgado
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Pierre Chapuis <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> > Any idea when the video link will be available though?
>> > I'm quite eager to watch it :)
>>
>> The person filming at the workshop told me it would
>> take about two weeks.
>

> That's weird, because the person filming at the workshop told me that they
> were editing the talks the same days, and that on Sunday the talks from
> Saturday were already ready.
>
> Maybe two weeks is the time it takes to upload those videos using that wifi
> connection  :-)

For other conferences publishing videos takes a year to eternity. So,
a week or two is pretty good, I'd say — provided it'll happen. :-)

Alexander.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Pierre Chapuis <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> > Any idea when the video link will be available though?
>> > I'm quite eager to watch it :)
>>
>> The person filming at the workshop told me it would
>> take about two weeks.
>

> That's weird, because the person filming at the workshop told me that they
> were editing the talks the same days, and that on Sunday the talks from
> Saturday were already ready.
>
> Maybe two weeks is the time it takes to upload those videos using that wifi
> connection  :-)

For other conferences publishing videos takes a year to eternity. So,
a week or two is pretty good, I'd say — provided it'll happen. :-)

Alexander.

Indeed! I meant in no way to belittle the work involved!

Re: Will there be videos for Lua Workshop 2013?

Kevin KIN-FOO-2
> Indeed! I meant in no way to belittle the work involved!
I agree, as it is done on free time, I think it is quite a good timing.