Why luabind link to many boost lib?

yaohua xiao
I use bjam to build luabind into a dll.
I saw something strange (but interresting if confirmed): Luabind does'nt seem to use the Boost libraries but only the include files. but when i link to the luabind lib it require many boost libs. such as “libboost_thread-vc90-mt-gd-1_35.lib”,datetime,filesystem and etc. I think it's not necessary.
and i used the dumpbin tools to see the dll's dependence it apperas luabind dosen't use the boost libs.

E:\My Porject\GameEngine3\dependencies\luabind-0.8.1\lib>dumpbin /dependents luabindd.dll
Microsoft (R) COFF/PE Dumper Version 9.00.30729.01
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Dump of file luabindd.dll
File Type: DLL

  Image has the following dependencies:

    MSVCP90D.dll
    MSVCR90D.dll
    KERNEL32.dll

  Summary

        1000 .data
       10000 .rdata
        3000 .reloc
        1000 .rsrc
       3C000 .text

Can anyone tell why?

Re: Why luabind link to many boost lib?

yaohua xiao
I post a mail at 2009-4-9, say that luabind links to many boost lib.
and I found it's my mistake today:
I use anthor lib (boost::log) in my project, and the boost::log depends the boost::thread, boost::datetime ... libs.
So, luabind is fine.