I use bjam to build luabind into a dll. I saw something strange (but interresting if confirmed): Luabind
does'nt seem to use the Boost libraries but only the include files. but when i link to the luabind lib it require many boost libs. such as “libboost_thread-vc90-mt-gd-1_35.lib”,datetime,filesystem and etc. I think it's not necessary.
and i used the dumpbin tools to see the dll's dependence it apperas luabind dosen't use the boost libs.
E:\My Porject\GameEngine3\dependencies\luabind-0.8.1\lib>dumpbin /dependents luabindd.dll Microsoft (R) COFF/PE Dumper Version 9.00.30729.01
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
I post a mail at 2009-4-9, say that luabind links to many boost lib. and I found it's my mistake today: I use anthor lib (boost::log) in my project, and the boost::log depends the boost::thread, boost::datetime ... libs.
So, luabind is fine.