Quantcast

Why doesn't this work?

jimmy joe jack
-- FirstApp.lua
pmoveto(70,70)
plabel("My First App works!")
pevent()

I get an error right at the first "pmoveto" line. Also, I'm using srcedit with the color-coding (lua selected) and it doesn't recognize any of the "p" commands. What gives?

Re: Why doesn't this work?

Cameron Kaiser
> -- FirstApp.lua
> pmoveto(70,70)
> plabel("My First App works!")
> pevent()
>
> I get an error right at the first "pmoveto" line. Also, I'm using srcedit
> with the color-coding (lua selected) and it doesn't recognize any of the
> "p" commands. What gives?

This only works in Plua 1.0. If you're using Plua 2.0, all of the old
p*() functions are gone and replaced with different equivalents (see the
docs).

--
------------------------------------ personal: http://www.cameronkaiser.com/ --
  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * [hidden email]
-- In memory of Werner Klemperer ----------------------------------------------

Re: Why doesn't this work?

jimmy joe jack
--- In [hidden email], "jimmy joe jack" <wildcard_seven@...> wrote:

> -- FirstApp.lua
> pmoveto(70,70)
> plabel("My First App works!")
> pevent()
>
> I get an error right at the first "pmoveto" line. Also, I'm using srcedit with the color-coding (lua selected) and it doesn't recognize any of the "p" commands. What gives?

EDIT:

Whoops. I see, said the blind man to his deaf wife,

Re: Why doesn't this work?

jimmy joe jack
--- In [hidden email], Cameron Kaiser <spectre@...> wrote:

> > -- FirstApp.lua
> > pmoveto(70,70)
> > plabel("My First App works!")
> > pevent()
> >
> > I get an error right at the first "pmoveto" line. Also, I'm using srcedit
> > with the color-coding (lua selected) and it doesn't recognize any of the
> > "p" commands. What gives?
>
> This only works in Plua 1.0. If you're using Plua 2.0, all of the old
> p*() functions are gone and replaced with different equivalents (see the
> docs).
>
> --
> ------------------------------------ personal: http://www.cameronkaiser.com/ --
>   Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@...