Where Lua *is* used

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
92 messages Options
12345
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Where Lua *is* used

sergei karhof
Ok, we now do the reverse of the previous thread.

Let's focus on where Lua *is* used ;)

I start listing the applications that I remember:

Wikipedia's template/macros (breaking news)
Vim
SciTE (Scintilla Text Editor)
Awesome Windows Manager
Ion windows manager
Nanoki (simple wiki engine)
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
NoteCase Pro (outliner)
Sputnik (wiki engine)
Conky
VLC (media player)

help me to complete the list...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where Lua *is* used

Jo-Philipp Wich
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi,

Lua 5.1 is currently also used in OpenWrt, the LuCI web gui is
implemented in it.

~ Jow

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iEYEARECAAYFAk8oPf4ACgkQdputYINPTPNbhACeMLrhx3qGK1Kcf0T0lvMCYqx1
sF0An0G4HdqmGM+Kba1wl+27gg+S8PhS
=jI7m
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where Lua *is* used

Rebel Neurofog
In reply to this post by sergei karhof
GIMP
PostgreSQL (PL/Lua)

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 11:11 PM, sergei karhof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok, we now do the reverse of the previous thread.
>
> Let's focus on where Lua *is* used ;)
>
> I start listing the applications that I remember:
>
> Wikipedia's template/macros (breaking news)
> Vim
> SciTE (Scintilla Text Editor)
> Awesome Windows Manager
> Ion windows manager
> Nanoki (simple wiki engine)
> Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
> NoteCase Pro (outliner)
> Sputnik (wiki engine)
> Conky
> VLC (media player)
>
> help me to complete the list...
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where Lua *is* used

Petite Abeille
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where Lua *is* used

Petite Abeille
In reply to this post by Rebel Neurofog

On Jan 31, 2012, at 8:16 PM, Rebel Neurofog wrote:

> PostgreSQL (PL/Lua)

MySQL Proxy:
https://launchpad.net/mysql-proxy


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where Lua *is* used

sergei karhof
Zeus (text editor)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where Lua *is* used

Wesley Smith
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where Lua *is* used

Tim Caswell
Luvit: http://luvit.io/ - Non-Blocking Scripted Servers (Like Node.js,
but faster!)

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Wesley Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ReNoise: http://www.renoise.com/features/lua-api-tools
> Modo 501: http://www.luxology.com/modo/technicalspecifications/
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where Lua *is* used

David Favro
In reply to this post by Petite Abeille
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where Lua *is* used

sergei karhof
In reply to this post by Wesley Smith
Please, together with the programs's name, provide a brief description
of what the program does. Thanks

For example:

VLC (media player)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where Lua *is* used

Javier Guerra Giraldez
nmap  (network packet analyzer)

--
Javier

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where Lua *is* used

Javier Guerra Giraldez
apt (Debian package manager)



--
Javier

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where Lua *is* used

Martin Schröder-2
In reply to this post by sergei karhof
2012/1/31 sergei karhof <[hidden email]>:
> help me to complete the list...

LuaTeX (http://www.luatex.org): TeX with Unicode & OpenType & Lua.

Best
   Martin

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where Lua *is* used

Marc Balmer
In reply to this post by sergei karhof




Am 31.01.2012 um 20:48 schrieb sergei karhof <[hidden email]>:

> Please, together with the programs's name, provide a brief description
> of what the program does. Thanks
>
> For example:
>
> VLC (media player)
>

arcapos (commercial point of sale solution)


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where Lua *is* used

Jeff Pohlmeyer
In reply to this post by Javier Guerra Giraldez
On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Javier Guerra Giraldez wrote:

> apt (Debian package manager)

And some other package managers:
  http://www.rpm.org/wiki/PackagerDocs/RpmLua
  https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Clyde

 - Jeff

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where Lua *is* used

sergei karhof
In reply to this post by Marc Balmer
On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 9:16 PM, Marc Balmer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> arcapos (commercial point of sale solution)

Hey, Marc, you didn't mention the Lua scriptability in the NetBSD kernel! ;)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where Lua *is* used

Leo Razoumov
In reply to this post by sergei karhof
On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 14:11, sergei karhof <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ok, we now do the reverse of the previous thread.
>
> Let's focus on where Lua *is* used ;)
>

* WoW -- probably the widest use of Lua

--Leo--

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where Lua *is* used

Jeff Pohlmeyer
In reply to this post by Jeff Pohlmeyer
On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Jeff Pohlmeyer wrote:

> And some other package managers:

Oops, forgot this one:
  http://alpinelinux.org/apk/main/x86/lua-apk

 - Jeff

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where Lua *is* used

Wilson MacGyver
In reply to this post by Leo Razoumov
nah,

angry bird which is written in Lua, has 500M install base :)

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Leo Razoumov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 14:11, sergei karhof <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Ok, we now do the reverse of the previous thread.
>>
>> Let's focus on where Lua *is* used ;)
>>
>
> * WoW -- probably the widest use of Lua
>
> --Leo--
>



--
Omnem crede diem tibi diluxisse supremum.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Where Lua *is* used

Marc Balmer
In reply to this post by sergei karhof




Am 31.01.2012 um 21:24 schrieb sergei karhof <[hidden email]>:

> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 9:16 PM, Marc Balmer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> arcapos (commercial point of sale solution)
>
> Hey, Marc, you didn't mention the Lua scriptability in the NetBSD kernel! ;)
>

fwiw, I will give a talk about this at FOSDEM next weekend.
12345