What is Plua for?

Otavio Silva
     Dear all,
       I just have downloaded Plua, and I want to know if it would fit my needs to start to learning it...
      I am not a professional programer, I am a Pharmacist and a Medicine Student, as a Pharmacist I have already writed programs for personal use in Visual Basic and SQL, judt very simple things... I was trying to learn Java, but I came across Plua.
      It is a easy to learn language and I can manage databases and simple algorithms (like medical guidelines and patients data?)
      I don´t want to use professionaly, it is like a hobby...
      Otavio

Re: What is Plua for?

Dado Sutter-2-2
Hello Otavio,
   It seems that pLua is ideal for your needs :)
   Lua doesn't require great programming skills, is simple, (very !)
efficient and, best of all, IT'S FUN ! :)
   Doh't waste your creative time with Babel languages like Java. Compare
them to the small footprint of Lua programs, even with the interpreter
loaded with your application and you'll not only use it in your Palm (pLua)
but for everything else you can.
   Take a look at http://www.lua.org/community.html for other Lua based
development frameworks, like the great Kepler Project (www.keplerproject.org)
or the Sputnik (http://sputnik.freewisdom.org), a full Wiki in Lua.
   I would love to see pLua upgrading to Lua 5.1, incorporating the
module/require package system and, last but not least, remaining free !!! :)
Marcio has been doing a great work so far and, as pLua is a
single-developper not-open-source project, only thank him for that !

Dado

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 6:44 PM, Otavio Silva <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>    Dear all,
> I just have downloaded Plua, and I want to know if it would fit my needs
> to start to learning it...
> I am not a professional programer, I am a Pharmacist and a Medicine
> Student, as a Pharmacist I have already writed programs for personal use in
> Visual Basic and SQL, judt very simple things... I was trying to learn Java,
> but I came across Plua.
> It is a easy to learn language and I can manage databases and simple
> algorithms (like medical guidelines and patients data?)
> I don´t want to use professionaly, it is like a hobby...
> Otavio

Re: What is Plua for?

Otavio Silva
    Thanks for the answer!
    So that is it! I will learn Lua and I will learn with the posts!
    I will be back asking when I have some "real" questions!!!
    Otavio

Dado Sutter <[hidden email]> escreveu:                             Hello Otavio,