What does this error when trying to compile libkit examples on osx tell me?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What does this error when trying to compile libkit examples on osx tell me?

bleedineck
Me <- new to palm programming and with shaky c skills but sometimes a man's gotta do
what a man's gotta do...

The error:
m68k-palmos-gcc -O2 -Wall -Wno-switch   -c -o TestLib.o TestLib.c
In file included from TestLib.c:4:
PluaAPI.h:4: gadget.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [TestLib.o] Error 1

Do I need a different SDK? I grabbed mine from here - http://www.zenonez.com/
prctoolsx/download.html

Thanks in advance for any help,
James

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What does this error when trying to compile libkit examples on osx tell me?

migueletto
Hi,

--- In [hidden email], "bleedineck" <bleedineck@...> wrote:

> The error:
> m68k-palmos-gcc -O2 -Wall -Wno-switch   -c -o TestLib.o TestLib.c
> In file included from TestLib.c:4:
> PluaAPI.h:4: gadget.h: No such file or directory
> make: *** [TestLib.o] Error 1

Oops. File gadget.h was supposed to be included with libkit, but it
was left out. I do not have it with me right now, but will post it
here later.

Regards,
Marcio.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What does this error when trying to compile libkit examples on osx tell me?

abm0000abm-2
--- In [hidden email], "migueletto" <mmand@...> wrote:
>
>
> Oops. File gadget.h was supposed to be included with libkit, but it
> was left out. I do not have it with me right now, but will post it
> here later.
>


Marcio,

Have you posted gadget.h?  I can't seem to find it.

Thanks,

Matt


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What does this error when trying to compile libkit examples on osx tell me?

migueletto-2
Hi,

> Have you posted gadget.h?  I can't seem to find it.

No. Instead of posting gadget.h, I will soon post Plua 2.0b9.

By the way, if anyone has found a bug, and have the complete source
code necessary to reproduce the bug, please post it here or send it to
me. Depending on the complexity, it may be possible to fix it for 2.0b9.

Regards,
Marcio.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

List of fixed bugs

migueletto-2
Hi,

> By the way, if anyone has found a bug, and have the complete source
> code necessary to reproduce the bug, please post it here or send it to
> me. Depending on the complexity, it may be possible to fix it for 2.0b9.

Here is the list of fixed bugs for 2.0b9:

- Bug fix: function f:readdir() did not work
- Bug fix: file names returned by os.listdir() were truncated at 31
characters
- Bug fix: sometimes the contents of lists and popups were replaced by
random strings
- Bug fix: some error messages returned by I/O functions were wrong
- Bug fix: when reading a Windows bitmap buffer.read() was ignoring
the last line
- Bug fix: on popups gui.setlist() did not adjust the popup width
- Bug fix: file gadget.h was missing in libkit

Last chance to send in your bug reports ...

Regards,
Marcio.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: List of fixed bugs

Louis Mamakos
I'll echo the comment made earlier that on my Treo 650, I can't select
any of the items on the Help pop-up list of functions.  It would handy
to have that working.

Great work!

Louis Mamakos

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 02:21:31PM -0000, migueletto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > By the way, if anyone has found a bug, and have the complete source
> > code necessary to reproduce the bug, please post it here or send it to
> > me. Depending on the complexity, it may be possible to fix it for 2.0b9.
>
> Here is the list of fixed bugs for 2.0b9:
>
> - Bug fix: function f:readdir() did not work
> - Bug fix: file names returned by os.listdir() were truncated at 31
> characters
> - Bug fix: sometimes the contents of lists and popups were replaced by
> random strings
> - Bug fix: some error messages returned by I/O functions were wrong
> - Bug fix: when reading a Windows bitmap buffer.read() was ignoring
> the last line
> - Bug fix: on popups gui.setlist() did not adjust the popup width
> - Bug fix: file gadget.h was missing in libkit
>
> Last chance to send in your bug reports ...
>
> Regards,
> Marcio.
>
>
>
>
>  
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: List of fixed bugs

migueletto-2
Hi,

> I'll echo the comment made earlier that on my Treo 650, I can't select
> any of the items on the Help pop-up list of functions.  It would handy
> to have that working.

To open a help item you must select its name (as if selecting on a
text field) and then tap Goto. Just clicking on the name and tapping
Goto will not do it.

Regards,
Marcio.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: List of fixed bugs

Louis Mamakos

On Sep 18, 2007, at 6:57 AM, migueletto wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> I'll echo the comment made earlier that on my Treo 650, I can't  
>> select
>> any of the items on the Help pop-up list of functions.  It would  
>> handy
>> to have that working.
>
> To open a help item you must select its name (as if selecting on a
> text field) and then tap Goto. Just clicking on the name and tapping
> Goto will not do it.
>
> Regards,
> Marcio.

It's not possible to select the name.  When I invoke the PalmOS "Find"
function on the Treo 650, the "Help" dialog window pops up, with the
scrolling list of names and the "Done", "Goto" and "Index" buttons.  I
can operate the scroll bar to page through the list, but I cannot
select the text of any of the names in the list. There doesn't seem
to be a way to select/highlight the text as you suggested.

Louis Mamakos

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: List of fixed bugs

migueletto-2
Hi,
 
> It's not possible to select the name.  When I invoke the PalmOS "Find"
> function on the Treo 650, the "Help" dialog window pops up, with the
> scrolling list of names and the "Done", "Goto" and "Index" buttons.  I
> can operate the scroll bar to page through the list, but I cannot
> select the text of any of the names in the list. There doesn't seem
> to be a way to select/highlight the text as you suggested.

Here is what I found, based on tests with various simulators. The
first column is the device name, the second column has the OS version
as reported by the device, the third column has a "Yes" if the word
selection works inside the online help:

T|X 5.4.9 No
Z22 5.4.9 No
Treo 755p 5.4.9 No
Treo 700p 5.4.9 No
Treo 680 5.4.9 No
Treo 650 5.4.8 No
LifeDrive 5.4.8 No
T|E2 5.4.7 No
T|5 5.4.5 No
Generic Garnet 5.4.0 Yes
Zire 71 5.3 Yes
Zire 21 5.3 Yes
Zire 72 5.2.8 Yes
Zire 31 5.2.8 Yes
T|3 5.2.1 Yes
T|E 5.2.1 Yes
Treo 600 5.2.1 No
T|C 5.2 Yes
T 5.0 Yes

As you can see, somewhere after PalmOS 5.4.0 something has changed in
the OS, and this change broke the online help functionality in Plua.
(it seems that in Treos it never worked).

Remember that this tests were performed on simulators, not on real
devices. I have no idea what is wrong though, so I can not fix it for now.

Regards,
Marcio.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: List of fixed bugs

Louis Mamakos
On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 05:22:10PM -0000, migueletto wrote:

> Hi,
>  
> > It's not possible to select the name.  When I invoke the PalmOS "Find"
> > function on the Treo 650, the "Help" dialog window pops up, with the
> > scrolling list of names and the "Done", "Goto" and "Index" buttons.  I
> > can operate the scroll bar to page through the list, but I cannot
> > select the text of any of the names in the list. There doesn't seem
> > to be a way to select/highlight the text as you suggested.
>
> Here is what I found, based on tests with various simulators. The
> first column is the device name, the second column has the OS version
> as reported by the device, the third column has a "Yes" if the word
> selection works inside the online help:
>
> T|X 5.4.9 No
> Z22 5.4.9 No
> Treo 755p 5.4.9 No
> Treo 700p 5.4.9 No
> Treo 680 5.4.9 No
> Treo 650 5.4.8 No
> LifeDrive 5.4.8 No
> T|E2 5.4.7 No
> T|5 5.4.5 No
> Generic Garnet 5.4.0 Yes
> Zire 71 5.3 Yes
> Zire 21 5.3 Yes
> Zire 72 5.2.8 Yes
> Zire 31 5.2.8 Yes
> T|3 5.2.1 Yes
> T|E 5.2.1 Yes
> Treo 600 5.2.1 No
> T|C 5.2 Yes
> T 5.0 Yes
>
> As you can see, somewhere after PalmOS 5.4.0 something has changed in
> the OS, and this change broke the online help functionality in Plua.
> (it seems that in Treos it never worked).
>
> Remember that this tests were performed on simulators, not on real
> devices. I have no idea what is wrong though, so I can not fix it for now.
>
> Regards,
> Marcio.

Thanks for checking some many alternatives.  What I did find works is
if I highlight/select the text in the "Main" or "Edit" window and then
invoke the PalmOS "Find" function.  The help summary for the selected
function does pop up just fine.  Having it work inside the mini-memo
editor is pretty handy.

Very weird, thanks for investigating and all the great work.

Louis Mamakos

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: List of fixed bugs

apeine
Louis,

Do as I (owner of a Z22) do, use helpviewer (available at files link
in this group). It solved this problem quite fine.
Regards,

Alfredo

--- In [hidden email], Louis Mamakos <louie@...> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 05:22:10PM -0000, migueletto wrote:
> > Hi,
> >  
> > > It's not possible to select the name.  When I invoke the PalmOS
"Find"
> > > function on the Treo 650, the "Help" dialog window pops up, with the
> > > scrolling list of names and the "Done", "Goto" and "Index"
buttons.  I

> > > can operate the scroll bar to page through the list, but I cannot
> > > select the text of any of the names in the list. There doesn't seem
> > > to be a way to select/highlight the text as you suggested.
> >
> > Here is what I found, based on tests with various simulators. The
> > first column is the device name, the second column has the OS version
> > as reported by the device, the third column has a "Yes" if the word
> > selection works inside the online help:
> >
> > T|X 5.4.9 No
> > Z22 5.4.9 No
> > Treo 755p 5.4.9 No
> > Treo 700p 5.4.9 No
> > Treo 680 5.4.9 No
> > Treo 650 5.4.8 No
> > LifeDrive 5.4.8 No
> > T|E2 5.4.7 No
> > T|5 5.4.5 No
> > Generic Garnet 5.4.0 Yes
> > Zire 71 5.3 Yes
> > Zire 21 5.3 Yes
> > Zire 72 5.2.8 Yes
> > Zire 31 5.2.8 Yes
> > T|3 5.2.1 Yes
> > T|E 5.2.1 Yes
> > Treo 600 5.2.1 No
> > T|C 5.2 Yes
> > T 5.0 Yes
> >
> > As you can see, somewhere after PalmOS 5.4.0 something has changed in
> > the OS, and this change broke the online help functionality in Plua.
> > (it seems that in Treos it never worked).
> >
> > Remember that this tests were performed on simulators, not on real
> > devices. I have no idea what is wrong though, so I can not fix it
for now.

> >
> > Regards,
> > Marcio.
>
> Thanks for checking some many alternatives.  What I did find works is
> if I highlight/select the text in the "Main" or "Edit" window and then
> invoke the PalmOS "Find" function.  The help summary for the selected
> function does pop up just fine.  Having it work inside the mini-memo
> editor is pretty handy.
>
> Very weird, thanks for investigating and all the great work.
>
> Louis Mamakos
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: List of fixed bugs

chmuraw3c
In reply to this post by migueletto-2
Hi,

now I have realized that there is generic problem to use all versions
of Plua (1.0, 1.1, 2.05b - 2.05b) in conjuction with the National
support "GNU Czech" (localized input) on devices with Palm OS
version<5. (Tested palm OS 3.3, 3.5).

Symptoms:
 Plua 1.0, 1.1 : When starting some application or Plua itself a
Fatal-excention -Reset Dialog appears.
 Plua 2: The Plua itself can be started. In the starting time,
the Information dialog (i bubble icon) message with only the '%'
symbol appears.
After some command as print('Someting') or gui.alert('Something') is
run in the main dialog, only the Information dialog (i bubble icon)
message with only the '%' symbol appears.
 Applications don't work - only the information dialog box appears
with OK and Goto bottons - Plua engine probably thinks that source
code is corrupt.
 Compiled application crashes with the same dialog-effect.
 When the localization input GNU Czech is disabled, the Plua engine
works, but it is very unlucky solution (every disable procedure needs
to restart the device).
 I have found these problems when I try to run my scripts on a older
machine. (Palm OS<5).
 Thank you for attention. It would be great to improve Lua that it be
useful on devices with Palm OS 3.5.

Petr Coupek ([hidden email])

http://www.redgrep.cz/products/GNU-czech/index_html?set_language=cs&cl=cs

--- In [hidden email], "migueletto" <migueletto@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > By the way, if anyone has found a bug, and have the complete source
> > code necessary to reproduce the bug, please post it here or send it to
> > me. Depending on the complexity, it may be possible to fix it for
2.0b9.

>
> Here is the list of fixed bugs for 2.0b9:
>
> - Bug fix: function f:readdir() did not work
> - Bug fix: file names returned by os.listdir() were truncated at 31
> characters
> - Bug fix: sometimes the contents of lists and popups were replaced by
> random strings
> - Bug fix: some error messages returned by I/O functions were wrong
> - Bug fix: when reading a Windows bitmap buffer.read() was ignoring
> the last line
> - Bug fix: on popups gui.setlist() did not adjust the popup width
> - Bug fix: file gadget.h was missing in libkit
>
> Last chance to send in your bug reports ...
>
> Regards,
> Marcio.
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: List of fixed bugs

migueletto-2
Hi,

--- In [hidden email], "chmuraw3c" <coupek@...> wrote:

> now I have realized that there is generic problem to use all versions
> of Plua (1.0, 1.1, 2.05b - 2.05b) in conjuction with the National
> support "GNU Czech" (localized input) on devices with Palm OS
> version<5. (Tested palm OS 3.3, 3.5).

How does one install the "GNU Czech" support ? I only found
instructions in Czech, and I am not sure if it requires something like
a Hack manager.

The cestina-0.74.zip archive (is this the correct file ?) contains
PalmOS2, PalmOS3 and PalmOS33 directories. Are these the only versions
supported ? I ask this because the POSE emulator available on the
ACCESS Developer Netwok contains only a PalmOS 4.1.2 ROM, so I am not
sure if I will able to test it.

Regards,
Marcio.