- Support for tables, nested tables etc. Tables now behave
like normal variables and can be viewed in the watch window (values can also be
modified just like normal variables). Dynamic update to tables is reflected in
the watch window.
- Support for custom Lua dlls. This was a much wanted
feature, so please consult the documentation for more information.
- .lua files are now registered at installation time (in
addition to .vsl extension). So the user does not need to manually register
.lua extension. They work ‘out of the box’.
- New calls added to the VSLua_Debugger.h header file:
- Init_VSLuaDebugger( … )
– Initialize the debugger from the dlls provided in Tools -> Options
-> VSLua -> Compiler dialog box. This was previously the InitDebugger(
… ) call. Its name has been changed to get rid of any conflicts with
Init_VSLuaDebugger_FromFile( … ) – Initialize the debugger and
manually provide a path to the dlls.
Init_VSLuaDebugger_FromModule( … ) – Initialize the debugger via
handles to dlls that were pre-loaded by the application at some instance.
- The documentation has been updated to reflect these
- An all new directory structure. Previous VSLua users are
advised to uninstall the previous release and then DELETE the remaining
folders/files in the installation directory, before installing the new version.
- A lot of bug fixes, thanks to the community for testing
and reporting the bugs. The first 25 people who reported valuable feedback have
been identified and they will receive their Standard versions as soon as the
product is fully released.
- VS2005 (VC8.0) support coming in the next build (possible
the final release).
- Standalone debugger support (tentative).
- More bug fixes.
We, apologize that we only had time to resolve the top
priority issues during this build. We are, however, committed to resolving
every known issue before the final release of the product. We highly appreciate
any sort of feedback.
Feedback link is provided on the main VSLua page. Once
again, I urge you to go through the updated documentation before trying out the