Using plua as a scripting extension

Andrey Koltsov
Hi,

Is it possible to use plua in a same manner as it ancestor? I mean as a
scripting extension for native palm applications written on C or C++?

With best regards, Andrey.

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Using plua as a scripting extension

migueletto
Hi,

> Is it possible to use plua in a same manner as it ancestor? I mean as a
> scripting extension for native palm applications written on C or C++?

The short answer is no. Plua is distributed as a full PalmOS
application, and not as a library that can be linked to other
applications.

The long answer is "sort of". Using libkit you can program in C and
make calls to the Lua API, but your C code is not in control of the
PalmOS event loop. You still need to code the main loop in Lua and
call your C code as a subroutine. So this can not be considered as
extension.

Regards,
Marcio.