I have not had a chance to get back to WinLua for a couple of days, but I have a VS solution at https://github.com/WinLua/WinLua-VisualStudio. I have an uncommitted change that builds 5.3.5 but I didn't look at the output. I'll try have a look tonight and push the changes. The solution you would want to compare with is under .../Visual Studio/5.3/
Thijs' LuaWinMake is awesome and I highly recommend it . While getting Lua building under VS was a "fun" exercise, my opinion is the workflow enforced by the IDE does not have any benefits unless you want to use the debugger. Aligning configurations with various VC++ settings can be a veritable nightmare. I've spent dozens of hours tracing down bugs because I missed a single setting between x86 and x64 builds and you can't find the error until you go through *every single stupid dialog box* in every single configuration. I usually resorted to reading the project file, and cutting and pasting settings which is in itself a nightmare.