Unofficial Lua FAQ has a new domain

Patrick Donnelly
Hello list,

I picked up the luafaq.org domain (which surprisingly wasn't taken)
and it now directly points to the Steve Donovan's Unofficial Lua FAQ
on my server:

http://www.luafaq.org/

(The old address was [1]. Nothing else has changed except it has its
own domain name.)

[1] http://www.batbytes.com/luafaq/

- Patrick Donnelly

Re: Unofficial Lua FAQ has a new domain

Alexander Gladysh
On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 23:47, Patrick Donnelly <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello list,

> I picked up the luafaq.org domain (which surprisingly wasn't taken)
> and it now directly points to the Steve Donovan's Unofficial Lua FAQ
> on my server:

> http://www.luafaq.org/

Congratulations on a good domain name!

> (The old address was [1]. Nothing else has changed except it has its
> own domain name.)

> [1] http://www.batbytes.com/luafaq/

Please consider putting HTTP redirect there. I think it will help
Google to realize what's going on.

Alexander.

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Alexander Gladysh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please consider putting HTTP redirect there. I think it will help
> Google to realize what's going on.

Done. Thanks!

- Patrick Donnelly

Re: Unofficial Lua FAQ has a new domain

Emmanuel Oga
On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 5:47 PM, Patrick Donnelly <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I picked up the luafaq.org domain (which surprisingly wasn't taken)
> and it now directly points to the Steve Donovan's Unofficial Lua FAQ
> on my server:
>
> http://www.luafaq.org/

Nice, that is an awesome domain

May I suggest hosting it in github using the pages feature? [1] (with
a custom domain name).

The nice thing about this is that users can easily fork the source of
the FAQ to contribute, and the author/maintainer can use the whole set
of github collaboration tools on it.

Greets!

[1] http://pages.github.com/
EmmanuelOga.com - Software Developer

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 12:11 AM, Emmanuel Oga <[hidden email]> wrote:
> May I suggest hosting it in github using the pages feature? [1] (with
> a custom domain name).
>
> The nice thing about this is that users can easily fork the source of
> the FAQ to contribute, and the author/maintainer can use the whole set
> of github collaboration tools on it.

It's ultimately up to Steve what he wants to do with it.

There is a private subversion server that I setup for Steve to use so
it is versioned. It's currently not available to the public.

- Patrick Donnelly

luafr.org (was: Unofficial Lua FAQ has a new domain)

Pierre Chapuis
 On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:47:03 -0500, Patrick Donnelly
 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I picked up the luafaq.org domain (which surprisingly wasn't taken)

 On a related note, I have luafr.org but I don't have the time
 to do anything with it. If French Lua hackers want to use it
 I will be happy to point it at their IP address.

 Pierre Chapuis

Re: Unofficial Lua FAQ has a new domain

Kooda
On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 03:47:03PM -0500, Patrick Donnelly wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I picked up the luafaq.org domain (which surprisingly wasn't taken)
> and it now directly points to the Steve Donovan's Unofficial Lua FAQ
> on my server:
>
> http://www.luafaq.org/

Are you interested in some translations?