Unicode 0x110000 is the Lua logo

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Unicode 0x110000 is the Lua logo

Dirk Laurie-2
On this auspicious day 2019-04-01, the Unicode Consortium has announced that Unicode 13.0 will be extended to accept codepoints in the range 0x110000-0x11ffff. In consideration of the pioneering work on Lua 5.4.0, which even before promulgation of the new standard already accepts codepoints in that range, codepoint 0x110000 has been allocated to the Lua logo.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unicode 0x110000 is the Lua logo

Enrico Colombini
On 01-Apr-19 20:05, Dirk Laurie wrote:
> On this auspicious day 2019-04-01, the Unicode Consortium has announced
> that Unicode 13.0 will be extended to accept codepoints in the range
> 0x110000-0x11ffff. In consideration of the pioneering work on Lua 5.4.0
> <https://github.com/lua/lua>, which even before promulgation of the new
> standard <https://www.google.com/search?q=april+fool> already accepts
> codepoints in that range, codepoint 0x110000 has been allocated to the
> Lua logo.

:-)

--
   Enrico

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unicode 0x110000 is the Lua logo

Ką Mykolas
Neat :}

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 9:27 PM Enrico Colombini <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 01-Apr-19 20:05, Dirk Laurie wrote:
> On this auspicious day 2019-04-01, the Unicode Consortium has announced
> that Unicode 13.0 will be extended to accept codepoints in the range
> 0x110000-0x11ffff. In consideration of the pioneering work on Lua 5.4.0
> <https://github.com/lua/lua>, which even before promulgation of the new
> standard <https://www.google.com/search?q=april+fool> already accepts
> codepoints in that range, codepoint 0x110000 has been allocated to the
> Lua logo.

:-)

--
   Enrico

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unicode 0x110000 is the Lua logo

Philippe Verdy
In reply to this post by Dirk Laurie-2
LuA = Lundi Avril (in French). Thanks to Fisher for the new mark proposal.
However we expected Unicode 13 to allocate plane 0x13...
Anyway before that we expected to use U+2653 (♓) since long in Unicode 1.1 (1993) long before that announcement, or even U+1F41F since the now old Unicode 6.0 (2010), even if both were also added only in 2015 to the first emoji set. We then don't need the new range for the Lua logo. Anyway such proposal has no chance of being adopted, otherwise we would alsready have since long the logos for Apple, Windows, TuX (for Linux), Gnu (FSF, GPL), and the circled CC for Creative Commons

Le lun. 1 avr. 2019 à 20:06, Dirk Laurie <[hidden email]> a écrit :
On this auspicious day 2019-04-01, the Unicode Consortium has announced that Unicode 13.0 will be extended to accept codepoints in the range 0x110000-0x11ffff. In consideration of the pioneering work on Lua 5.4.0, which even before promulgation of the new standard already accepts codepoints in that range, codepoint 0x110000 has been allocated to the Lua logo.