Unhandled Exception

Phil Cooper-king-2
Hey,

I have a problem trying to get luabind work. I've built the .dll and
did a small test app and it worked fine. I'm now trying to add it to a
bigger project, but I keep getting an error

Unhandled exception at 0x63bc31de (luabind.dll) in Shifters.exe:
0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00d31eae.

And the program breaks inside the "LUABIND_API void add_overload(..)"
function on the line "if (object overloads = context[name])"

I think it might be something todo with how I'm registering my c++
class. as the call before add_overload in the call stack is
constructor_registration.

        luabind::module(L)
        [
                luabind::class_<IWindow>("IWindow"),
                luabind::class_<Shift::AppWindow, IWindow>("Shift::AppWindow")
                        .def(luabind::constructor<unsigned int, unsigned int, bool>())
        ];

I think I've built everything right, although if I hadn't I'd expect
linker errors rather than the exception.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Phil

General Stuff
Visual Studio 2010, project and luabind built Multi-Threaded (not DLL)

Re: Unhandled Exception

Nigel Atkinson-2
Hi Phil,

Just off the top of my head, looking at your code:

I don't know if it is causing your particular problem, but calling your Lua class "Shift::AppWindow" will not work.  If you need namespace functionality in Lua use the scoping features of luabind, other wise just  call it "AppWindow".

http://www.rasterbar.com/products/luabind/docs.html#scopes

Nigel

On 30/10/2011, at 8:44 AM, Phil Cooper-King wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I have a problem trying to get luabind work. I've built the .dll and
> did a small test app and it worked fine. I'm now trying to add it to a
> bigger project, but I keep getting an error
>
> Unhandled exception at 0x63bc31de (luabind.dll) in Shifters.exe:
> 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00d31eae.
>
> And the program breaks inside the "LUABIND_API void add_overload(..)"
> function on the line "if (object overloads = context[name])"
>
> I think it might be something todo with how I'm registering my c++
> class. as the call before add_overload in the call stack is
> constructor_registration.
>
> luabind::module(L)
> [
> luabind::class_<IWindow>("IWindow"),
> luabind::class_<Shift::AppWindow, IWindow>("Shift::AppWindow")
> .def(luabind::constructor<unsigned int, unsigned int, bool>())
> ];
>

> I think I've built everything right, although if I hadn't I'd expect
> linker errors rather than the exception.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Phil
>
> General Stuff
> Visual Studio 2010, project and luabind built Multi-Threaded (not DLL)

Re: Unhandled Exception

Phil Cooper-king-2
Thanks Nigel,

removing the namespace.

        luabind::module(L)
        [
                luabind::class_<IWindow>("IWindow"),
                luabind::class_<Shift::AppWindow, IWindow>("AppWindow")
                        .def(luabind::constructor<unsigned int, unsigned int, bool>())
        ];

still results in the exception.