Transfer to PC

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Transfer to PC

berrdolagas
Banned User
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Transfer to PC

bh77a
Hello,

Hope that some of this helps...

> 1. I'm using BIRD for editing big icons and IconManager to editing
> small ones(and then incrusting into the app with BIRD). A strange
> thing happens with BIRD. The 16 bit icon doesn't shows as it will be,
> but inversed!!! I cannot edit an icon like that... How to edit 16 bit
> icon normally? I mean, with the real colors? Or a source of pre-made
> big icons?

For better image editing (tbmp, abmp, tain) on the Palm, try TBmpEdit.  It is open-source
freeware, so no cost is involved.  Don't have the link handy but googling it should bring it
up for you.


 
> 2. Again for Glacier, i'm very happy editing HTML files, but they are
> for the palm only! Glacier stores the files on main mem and in
> vfs0:/data/ dir. Is there any way to transfer the files to the PC?

I am not familiar with Glacier however if the files are stored on the SD card in html format,
you could send them to the PC in a number of ways, depending on the capabilities of your
palm...

-  Use a card reader
-  E-mail them to yourself
-  Send via bluetooth / ir

Provided they are saved as doc files in RAM, once hot synced there are tools that one can
use to convert a doc palm file to a text file.  You will have to run a search though as I use a
Mac computer and am rather PC illiterate.

Without knowing your Palm, I can't provide anymore information there.

> 3. How can i pack a wav file to be useable by pplaysample?
>
> Many thanks already.

Brian






 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/plua/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [hidden email]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

io.open() for palm doc files

manu_ma
In reply to this post by berrdolagas
Opening a palm doc file or a stream file share the same syntax.
This brings no problem when opening an existing file. It works wonderfully.

If you try to open a non-existing file with the "r" parameter, it creates a
new file.
The file is a stream file and not a palm doc file.

How can you create a palm doc file ?

Mario


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/plua/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [hidden email]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

how to copy a file ?

manu_ma
Plua / Lua provides some commands for creating, renaming, deleting files.
Is it also possible to copy a file ?
I mean, if you have a file named "myfile.pdb", can you make a copy of it
("myfile2.pdb") ?
(or, with vfs files, copying "myfile.txt" to "myfile2.txt")

Mario


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/plua/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [hidden email]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

R: io.open() for palm doc files

manu_ma
In reply to this post by manu_ma
Excuse me for the mistake.
I meant: opening a file with the "w" parameters, like:

    f = io.open("myfile.lua", "w")

It creates a stream file and not a palm doc file.
Mario
  -----Messaggio originale-----
  Da: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]]Per conto di
[hidden email]
  Inviato: giovedi 19 gennaio 2006 11.31
  A: [hidden email]
  Oggetto: [plua] io.open() for palm doc files


  Opening a palm doc file or a stream file share the same syntax.
  This brings no problem when opening an existing file. It works
wonderfully.

  If you try to open a non-existing file with the "r" parameter, it creates
a
  new file.
  The file is a stream file and not a palm doc file.

  How can you create a palm doc file ?

  Mario


  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



  SPONSORED LINKS Programming languages  Palm computing  Computer security
        C programming language  Computer programming languages  Computer
training


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    a..  Visit your group "plua" on the web.

    b..  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [hidden email]

    c..  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/plua/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [hidden email]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R: io.open() for palm doc files

migueletto
Hi,

--- In [hidden email], <manu_ma@y...> wrote:
>
> Excuse me for the mistake.
> I meant: opening a file with the "w" parameters, like:
>
>     f = io.open("myfile.lua", "w")
>
> It creates a stream file and not a palm doc file.
> Mario

It is not possible to create a DOC file in Plua, nor opening a DOC
file for writing.

Regards
Marcio.





 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/plua/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [hidden email]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to copy a file ?

migueletto
In reply to this post by manu_ma
Hi,

--- In [hidden email], <manu_ma@y...> wrote:
>
> Plua / Lua provides some commands for creating, renaming, deleting
files.
> Is it also possible to copy a file ?
> I mean, if you have a file named "myfile.pdb", can you make a copy of it
> ("myfile2.pdb") ?
> (or, with vfs files, copying "myfile.txt" to "myfile2.txt")
>
> Mario

There is no built-in support for this. You have to implement the copy
with the existing file operations.

Regards,
Marcio.





 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/plua/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [hidden email]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Transfer to PC

migueletto
In reply to this post by berrdolagas
Hi,

--- In [hidden email], "berrdolagas" <berrdolagas@y...> wrote:
>
> 3. How can i pack a wav file to be useable by pplaysample?

You could put the WAV inside a separate stream file, but you can not
include a WAV file as a resource in your PRC.

Regards,
Marcio.





 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/plua/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [hidden email]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R: io.open() for palm doc files

bh77a
In reply to this post by migueletto
Check out the CreateDB library created by "burkematt" in the Files/Libraries section.  I
have had success with it...

http://f4.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/
oNPPQ5_QMpYZui7RaooSUcFf6qiEVVJS90vTPIbtvn89_6Ez9MTjsAlzLuE6c374OWHtqSBnx2_
pQoA1yGT-SIMXyQ/libraries/createdb.zip

--- In [hidden email], "migueletto" <mmand@u...> wrote:

>
> Hi,
>
> --- In [hidden email], <manu_ma@y...> wrote:
> >
> > Excuse me for the mistake.
> > I meant: opening a file with the "w" parameters, like:
> >
> >     f = io.open("myfile.lua", "w")
> >
> > It creates a stream file and not a palm doc file.
> > Mario
>
> It is not possible to create a DOC file in Plua, nor opening a DOC
> file for writing.
>
> Regards
> Marcio.
>







 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/plua/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [hidden email]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

R: R: io.open() for palm doc files

manu_ma
Thank you for the tip and many thanks to Marcio, too, for the support he's
giving us all.
I think the createdb library is what I was looking for. It would be nice if
this would be integrated into Plua in the next releases.
Mario

  -----Messaggio originale-----
  Da: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]]Per conto di bh77a
  Inviato: giovedì 19 gennaio 2006 19.54
  A: [hidden email]
  Oggetto: Re: R: [plua] io.open() for palm doc files


  Check out the CreateDB library created by "burkematt" in the
Files/Libraries section.  I
  have had success with it...

  http://f4.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/

oNPPQ5_QMpYZui7RaooSUcFf6qiEVVJS90vTPIbtvn89_6Ez9MTjsAlzLuE6c374OWHtqSBnx2_
  pQoA1yGT-SIMXyQ/libraries/createdb.zip

  --- In [hidden email], "migueletto" <mmand@u...> wrote:
  >
  > Hi,
  >
  > --- In [hidden email], <manu_ma@y...> wrote:
  > >
  > > Excuse me for the mistake.
  > > I meant: opening a file with the "w" parameters, like:
  > >
  > >     f = io.open("myfile.lua", "w")
  > >
  > > It creates a stream file and not a palm doc file.
  > > Mario
  >
  > It is not possible to create a DOC file in Plua, nor opening a DOC
  > file for writing.
  >
  > Regards
  > Marcio.
  >







  SPONSORED LINKS Programming languages  Palm computing  Computer security
        C programming language  Computer programming languages  Computer
training


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    a..  Visit your group "plua" on the web.

    b..  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
     [hidden email]

    c..  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/plua/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [hidden email]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R: R: io.open() for palm doc files

bh77a
Mario,

Glad that it works for you.  The ability for any user to write a library to extend the
functionality of Plua is a wonderful inclusion on Marcio's part.

--- In [hidden email], <manu_ma@y...> wrote:

>
> Thank you for the tip and many thanks to Marcio, too, for the support he's
> giving us all.
> I think the createdb library is what I was looking for. It would be nice if
> this would be integrated into Plua in the next releases.
> Mario
>
>   -----Messaggio originale-----
>   Da: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]]Per conto di bh77a
>   Inviato: giovedì 19 gennaio 2006 19.54
>   A: [hidden email]
>   Oggetto: Re: R: [plua] io.open() for palm doc files
>
>
>   Check out the CreateDB library created by "burkematt" in the
> Files/Libraries section.  I
>   have had success with it...
>
>   http://f4.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/
>
>
oNPPQ5_QMpYZui7RaooSUcFf6qiEVVJS90vTPIbtvn89_6Ez9MTjsAlzLuE6c374OWHtqSBnx2_

>   pQoA1yGT-SIMXyQ/libraries/createdb.zip
>
>   --- In [hidden email], "migueletto" <mmand@u...> wrote:
>   >
>   > Hi,
>   >
>   > --- In [hidden email], <manu_ma@y...> wrote:
>   > >
>   > > Excuse me for the mistake.
>   > > I meant: opening a file with the "w" parameters, like:
>   > >
>   > >     f = io.open("myfile.lua", "w")
>   > >
>   > > It creates a stream file and not a palm doc file.
>   > > Mario
>   >
>   > It is not possible to create a DOC file in Plua, nor opening a DOC
>   > file for writing.
>   >
>   > Regards
>   > Marcio.
>   >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>   SPONSORED LINKS Programming languages  Palm computing  Computer security
>         C programming language  Computer programming languages  Computer
> training
>
>
>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

> --
>   YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
>
>     a..  Visit your group "plua" on the web.
>
>     b..  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>      [hidden email]
>
>     c..  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> Service.
>
>
>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>





 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/plua/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [hidden email]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/