Thread pool

caco
I'm looking for a "lightweight threads" thread pool that I can submit parallel tasks to; no communication between threads required. What package should I use? (I'm on lua 5.4) Thanks.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Re: Thread pool

Ranier Vilela-2
Em sáb., 6 de mar. de 2021 às 18:49, caco <[hidden email]> escreveu:
I'm looking for a "lightweight threads" thread pool that I can submit parallel tasks to; no communication between threads required. What package should I use? (I'm on lua 5.4) Thanks.
Here two places to start:

regards,
Ranier Vilela

Re: Thread pool

Robert Virding-2
Another completely different solution is to use Luerl https://github.com/rvirding/luerl which is an implementation of Lua 5.3 running on top of Erlang. Luerl gives you full access to the all the concurrency and fault tolerance properties that Erlang provides.

Robert

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 at 22:49, caco <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm looking for a "lightweight threads" thread pool that I can submit parallel tasks to; no communication between threads required. What package should I use? (I'm on lua 5.4) Thanks.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Re: Thread pool

Robert Burke
Hello,

Love2d has components that can be built individually, one of which is
a threads module. This is probably a good bit of work to set up if you
find some other alternative though. Here are the docs for the API you
will eventually get to use after that work:
https://love2d.org/wiki/love.thread

On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 6:49 AM caco <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm looking for a "lightweight threads" thread pool that I can submit parallel tasks to; no communication between threads required. What package should I use? (I'm on lua 5.4) Thanks.
>

> Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Re: Thread pool

云风 Cloud Wu
caco <[hidden email]> 于2021年3月7日周日 上午5:49写道:

> I'm looking for a "lightweight threads" thread pool that I can submit parallel tasks to; no communication between threads required. What package should I use? (I'm on lua 5.4) Thanks.

I'm working on a small project https://github.com/cloudwu/ltask , you
might be interested.

http://blog.codingnow.com

Re: Thread pool

caco
"Luerl gives you full access to the all the concurrency and fault tolerance properties that Erlang provides."

... and then losing the characteristic Lua interpreter speed I'm afraid....