Testing Lua Application

aryajur
Hi,
      I am writing an application in Lua using IUP GUI toolkit. I am thinking of ways I can test the GUI interface. Is there a library or method so that I can write a lua script to move the mouse, click and type? Basically perform the functions of the mouse and keyboard, thus emulate the user.

Thanks,
Milind

Re: Testing Lua Application

Antonio Scuri
   You can try these:

Smack
Mouse Recorder Pro
Automatic Mouse Move and Click
Key Mouse Genie

  But I did not have time to install and test any... If you have please let me know.

Best,
Scuri

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Milind Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
      I am writing an application in Lua using IUP GUI toolkit. I am thinking of ways I can test the GUI interface. Is there a library or method so that I can write a lua script to move the mouse, click and type? Basically perform the functions of the mouse and keyboard, thus emulate the user.

Thanks,
Milind

Re: Testing Lua Application

Tangent 128
On 08/20/2014 04:05 PM, Milind Gupta wrote:

> Hi,
>       I am writing an application in Lua using IUP GUI toolkit. I am
> thinking of ways I can test the GUI interface. Is there a library or method
> so that I can write a lua script to move the mouse, click and type?
> Basically perform the functions of the mouse and keyboard, thus emulate the
> user.
>
> Thanks,
> Milind

If you are using Linux, my lua-evdev module would allow you to create
and control a fake mouse and keyboard:

It might be operating at an inconveniently low level, though.

-Tangent

Re: Testing Lua Application

aryajur
Thank you for all the replies and suggestions. I was looking for a windows solution now but having a linux solution would be useful in the future. I tried some of the software and they seem good to record and duplicate the movement. I was looking for something like a lua library so that I can actually write a test script that reads the GUI placement information from my application and then adjusts the mouse position accordingly so it works in different screen resolutions and different placements of the application window etc.
           The solution I am going for, if anyone is interested is writing a C module in Lua which I will share here once I have it tested and used a little bit since it seems that you just need a few lines of C code to move the mouse.

Thanks all for the suggestions,
Milind