Tables in LUA

nepluto
HI, Im quite new to this place, but i have been working on teaching myself LUA scripting for MOD creation for the game World of Warcraft. I have been struggling on one thing though, which are tables. I understand how to create and edit them, my problem is, i was wondering if there was a way to use more then 1 value in em, such as a players Name, Rank, and online status or even just Name and Rank.

As the mod i am creating needs to have sort of a "Leader" if you will to display Text back into Guild chat. But i want to find the leader by the highest ranking person, then alphabetical order, incase there are more then one person of that rank. If this is not possible or you need any other information about it please let me know. any help would be greatly appreciated! thank you for your time.

Re: Tables in LUA

Shining Silver

nepluto wrote
HI, Im quite new to this place, but i have been working on teaching myself LUA scripting for MOD creation for the game World of Warcraft. I have been struggling on one thing though, which are tables. I understand how to create and edit them, my problem is, i was wondering if there was a way to use more then 1 value in em, such as a players Name, Rank, and online status or even just Name and Rank.

As the mod i am creating needs to have sort of a "Leader" if you will to display Text back into Guild chat. But i want to find the leader by the highest ranking person, then alphabetical order, incase there are more then one person of that rank. If this is not possible or you need any other information about it please let me know. any help would be greatly appreciated! thank you for your time.

I don't know them, but you could try Metatables...that's what your looking for...